Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Sausalito (Sausalito)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/16/02 7:04 PM
Last Updated:9/17/02 1:39 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

said... (9/18/02 2:16 PM) Reply
Skymom, at the Sewing Workshop I saw a sample of the Sausalito in what looked like a lambsuede, and it was fabulous.
said... (9/18/02 3:25 AM) Reply
Thank you! The "clickhere"-style looks very nice too. I start thinking that I need this pattern...
said... (9/17/02 1:55 PM) Reply
I've had this thought that this top might look good in a very, very soft lambsuede. But I wonder if the fullness of the front might be too weighty and stretch...nonethless, yours looks great, Ann. Very chic.
said... (9/17/02 1:45 PM) Reply
Katharin, I changed the setup since the "click here" wasn't working. If you go to the photo above, then click forward to the next photo in the album. Or go to "return to album" and you will see it as #17.
said... (9/17/02 10:48 AM) Reply
Ann, thank you for the review, the top looks great on you! I am so curious to see the "clickhere" picture.
said... (9/17/02 3:17 AM) Reply
Deepika, I removed the extra = but still no picture. Any other thoughts? Thanks, Ann
said... (9/17/02 3:15 AM) Reply
Phyllis, I would try holding the fabric up to see if it will fall in a fold. I'm dubious if it doesn't have bias because I think that is what causes it to fall in a fold. Would be a fun garment if it works.
said... (9/17/02 0:59 AM) Reply
Ann - Do you think this pattern would work in very light weight Polartec 100? (an almost t-shirt weigt fabric, very drapey but doesn't really have a bias) Your comments on the bias challenge were *really* helpful. I've also been eyeing this one for a while.
said... (9/16/02 11:44 PM) Reply
Ann, look closely in your click here link . there is an extra = at the end. Edit your review to remove it.
said... (9/16/02 11:27 PM) Reply
Ann, it looks great on you and thanks for all the help on the pattern. I've been eyeing this one, but like Gigi, wasn't sure it would work for me, but I love it. And I'm so glad you didn't cut your head out of the picture. It's nice to see who we're talking to!
said... (9/16/02 7:24 PM) Reply
Ann, I have to be honest, I never looked twice at this pattern - it just looked like it would be unflattering. BUT, after seeing yours I admit that I was so wrong! I love the way this looks on you - geez, I may just have to order this pattern.

Other MonsterTooth Fairy Pillow