Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6265 (Misses Knit Tops, Pants and Yo)

Reviewed by:Trinity.

Last Updated:12/27/05 1:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Loungewear    Accessories
Hilary said... (2/4/06 12:35 PM) Reply
This looks *very* good! I love all your different versions! if I don't already have this I'm going to get it :D Sad that I don't know, huh? LOL
KathleenS said... (1/13/06 6:29 PM) Reply
I like your tops and I agree that the contrast armhole band technique in the pattern is not the right way to do it.
Trinity. said... (12/27/05 8:17 PM) Reply
Well, since my poor SM will be in for repairs, I'll have a chance to try out the long sleeved version, too. With the changes I did on this one, I'll be able to sew the whole thing with just the serger.
AnneM said... (12/27/05 7:50 PM) Reply
That is a cute style on you. I like both your versions. Thanks for sharing them.
Mary Stiefer said... (12/27/05 11:18 AM) Reply
Great looking top and you certainly know how to make the adjustments so that it fits your body. Good review
Lorna C. Newman said... (12/27/05 10:51 AM) Reply
I have this pattern in the stash for the gym and had forgotten about it ... Thanks for the reminder! Maybe this is what the powerdry is destined for! LIke your idea for the contrast band ... I'll do this as well!
lisaquilts said... (12/26/05 7:25 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic. Great work on the top. Maybe I should give this pattern a second (new!) look....
Patti B said... (12/26/05 5:40 PM) Reply
Darling top and I think your solution to the contrast band was a much better choice than the way the pattern was written. I think this would also look fabulous in stretch velvet with a stretch satin trim.
Karla Kizer said... (12/26/05 5:39 PM) Reply
I've passed up this pattern because the drawings did nothing for me. BIG mistake. Huge! Love your top, and especially love your great idea for the contrast and facings. Excellent.
drsue said... (12/26/05 4:39 PM) Reply
I've got this pattern and I've made the pants and the cami but never this top. Yours came out really nicely. I'll have to give it a try. Good idea on the contrast too.

by: Sheila457