Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 1727 (Men's Tank Top, Tights & Bicyc)

Reviewed by: LoriB

About LoriBstarstarstar
Germany
Member since: 4/23/02
Posted on:11/21/05 7:22 AM
Last Updated:9/20/02 1:35 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Swimwear / Activewear

JenSews2 said... (2/3/12 10:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! This was very helpful as I have this pattern and haven't sewn it yet. DH needs new shorts and they are EXPENSIVE, especially considering they use so little fabric.
mlsews said... (10/16/08 4:04 PM) Reply
Fantastic, I have this pattern on my list to make for dh and my brother. I'm thinking of recycling the pads from dh's current shorts since he loves the gel pads. Thanks for the review and pic!
Brenda in the Boro said... (2/22/06 7:22 AM) Reply
thanks for this. I am looking to make cycling shorts with a pad for myself as I cannot seem to get comfort in RTW.
Ariane said... (7/20/03 11:07 PM) Reply
In case anybody's interested, I found a CoolMax Sanitized pad for CAN $6 at Mountain Equipment Co-op. Now how to sew it is another problem...
Rhonda Noah said... (6/21/03 5:43 AM) Reply
Yes, Lori, I too would enjoy an update. MY DH will return to serious road biking one of these days and I'd like to make some of these for him.
Ariane said... (6/20/03 3:14 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review ! I want to try to make dh some bike shorts and was wondering about the construction. How did your dh find the pad after using it for a while ? I don't really want to pay $12 for one, but I also want dh to be comfortable !
said... (9/19/02 12:47 PM) Reply
Rennie, thanks for the tip for the biking pad at Seattle Fabrics. I'd seen this site before but wasn't aware they carried a pad. It is more than I'd like to pay, but if the Kwik Sew one is a flop, I may purchase it. DH is trying the shorts out today on his ride to work.
said... (9/19/02 12:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for this detailed review and including your sources. Speaking of sources have your tried Seattle Fabrics? They carry a monolith antibacterial biking shorts pad for $11.95. Never have ordered from them myself and maybe this is more than you want to pay.
said... (9/18/02 11:37 PM) Reply
Great review! I've been wondering about sewing some bike shorts for awhile, and this gave me a pretty good idea of what goes into it. Thanks!

Kwik Sew 3142