Pattern Reviews> Burda> 9746 (Boardshorts)

Viewed 1963 times
Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:1/1/06 11:05 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
blanken6 said... (8/11/09 11:20 PM) Reply
That cracks me up! I've been looking for a boardshorts pattern for myself for 2 years now. When I found your post I realized I had made a pair of the longer shorts from nearly the same pattern (different company) AND was wearing them at the time! I just hadn't thought of modifying them this way... Thank you for the inspiration!
JenSedgwick said... (5/14/07 0:14 AM) Reply
These look great. I promised my girls some board shorts but have also been having trouble finding a pattern. Anyone know if these come in a smaller size?
CherylStillSews said... (8/23/06 8:30 AM) Reply
Ooh - I missed this review earlier. These are fab and I'd never have thought to look through the boys for my DD.
katieb said... (3/23/06 8:21 AM) Reply
I love the boardshorts, my DS would love a pair. I like the flaps on the front waistband, they look very professional. I wish we had Spotlight in the UK, I cannot find any patterned microfibre material over here.
Sew4Fun said... (3/2/06 3:56 AM) Reply
Thanks Hilary. No I didn't use a twin needle. For topstitching I always do two separate rows. Belinda
Hilary said... (3/1/06 5:00 PM) Reply
Wow, these look *fabulous*!! I have this pattern and my son would have a fit to see these in PINK lol (not to mention the flowers, grin)(personally I *love* the fabric) but I think the flaps you added are wonderful, and you did such a professional job on them. Thanks for the tips! We don't live near the beach, but these are still gonna be great summer wear for my 3 boys. Thanks for the review! Did you use a twin needle, if so what size (what distance between the needles I mean) Thanks!
minieme said... (1/6/06 5:00 AM) Reply
They look so professionally done! Thanks for pointing this pattern out, I have 3 boys who live in these during the summer months and I still have a stash of microfibre from Spotlight's end of summer sale last year.
Elemenopeo said... (1/2/06 1:14 PM) Reply
Look wonderful.
Karla Kizer said... (1/2/06 12:19 PM) Reply
Makes me want little kids to sew for again. Really cute.
BeckyW said... (1/2/06 12:00 PM) Reply
Very nice work!!! My DD would love them.
noreend said... (1/2/06 11:17 AM) Reply
Those look great! Thanks for pointing this pattern out. I have a stash fabric is just now screaming to be these. Thanks!
Lori V said... (1/2/06 8:08 AM) Reply
Belinda, great looking shorts. The fabric is so perfect for boardshorts and your topstitching is perfect.
Amelie said... (1/2/06 7:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful work. Great fabric. Lucky DD.
keelyb1 said... (1/2/06 2:48 AM) Reply
I love the shorts. I had to laugh - I've just bought this pattern 2 days ago for my DD as well. I recently used Burda 9898 with good results as well.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/2/06 0:24 AM) Reply
So cute! Love that fabric.
zeoplum said... (1/1/06 11:22 PM) Reply
The double topstitch adds such a professional touch. I really like how they look!
Debbie Cook said... (1/1/06 11:06 PM) Reply
Belinda, These look AUSsome!! Looks like we were reviewing at the same time. I'm NOT showing these to Alex or he'll be begging for a male pair!

Decades of Style 3009

by: Sew Good

StyleArc Tamara Knit Top

by: madssews

Fit For Art Eureka! Pants that Fit Pattern

Fit For Art Eureka! Pants that Fit Pattern

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)