Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3368 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:1/2/06 0:36 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Plus
martinanne said... (2/5/06 8:22 AM) Reply
Wonderful review! Thank you for going into such great detail. The jacket looks smashing on you, Debbie!
KiwiWendy said... (1/31/06 5:38 PM) Reply
I love your jacket ... I've just bought the 3334, so this is really inspiring.
Lori Sews said... (1/4/06 2:21 PM) Reply
This is such a beautiful jacket. You look great! Thanks for the very thorough review. I am about to embark on a KS jacket. :)
KarenP said... (1/3/06 2:24 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and the fabric is perfect!
diane s said... (1/3/06 9:42 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great on you, I have the same fabric in my stash!
Mbarkle said... (1/3/06 7:52 AM) Reply
Cute jacket Debbie. I made the misses version (3334) in boucle, but now want to make it in denim after seeing yours.
Danvillegirl said... (1/3/06 6:00 AM) Reply
Great review as always. Thanks for the photos of fitting adjustments as well. Helps clarify the text. I love the fabric and I think your jacket turned out well.
PixieCat said... (1/3/06 5:44 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket and fit! I love all the topstitching.
Kerry O said... (1/2/06 9:52 PM) Reply
Debbie, I think that looks great, and it looks great on you! Thank you for reviewing this pattern! I will have to reread your alteration info if/when I try it myself. :)
BjP said... (1/2/06 9:41 PM) Reply
So nice! Thanks for mentioning the similar Misses pattern number - now I know what to make from some stretch denim I just picked up. Good review, too!
Sherril Miller said... (1/2/06 4:15 PM) Reply
Oh my, that did turn out well. I think it'd be great in a stretch velveeteen. Maybe a royal blue? That neckline is very flattering. Thanks for sharing.
Frogstitcher said... (1/2/06 4:15 PM) Reply
Wonderful, casual jacket. I love the topstitching and ecclectic mix of buttons. This is a good review.
Modiste Madness said... (1/2/06 4:13 PM) Reply
Great job!
SewingSkater said... (1/2/06 3:31 PM) Reply
Your stuff always fits sooooo good... I hope someday I can have such a fantastic fit. Love the fabric and the buttons! Very cool!
Karla Kizer said... (1/2/06 12:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit and great details. KS will sell oodles of these patterns because of this jacket.
potter said... (1/2/06 12:30 PM) Reply
Delicious!
CarolynGM said... (1/2/06 11:39 AM) Reply
That is one seriously good-looking jacket. Loved the detail about the fitting adjustments you made.
PVA said... (1/2/06 10:31 AM) Reply
Well, 1st off, ditto to all the above! What a wonderful jacket! I love the pattern & your fitting work is, as always, just awesome! In the "back" photo I noticed you're wearing it with jeans -- perfect!
Georgene said... (1/2/06 10:25 AM) Reply
Good sleeve ftting, no small task on KwikSew, as their sleeve/ armhole drafting is unusually generous in most instances. I will be interested to see your boucle version; hopefully the differences in the 2 fabrics won't throw off all your hard work in fitting.
Patti B said... (1/2/06 10:03 AM) Reply
I love your jacket as is! Who needs boucle? ;-) Must add this jacket to my wish list. Great review.
zeoplum said... (1/2/06 9:25 AM) Reply
Hmm.....saving this one to my favorites. I've been looking for a KS pattern for my new Boucle. Btw...I LOVE that fabric!! And I know it's been said over and over but that really does look good on you. VERY flattering.
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (1/2/06 9:05 AM) Reply
This is very flattering - great style, fit, and fabric. Why do you not consider yourself advanced?
Mary Stiefer said... (1/2/06 8:56 AM) Reply
What a great looking jacket. I love the fabric. And, who says that all your buttons have to match. As long as they are in the same color family I think it works great. Thanks for all the info on fitting. This is one I have to put on my wishlist.
Cornelia said... (1/2/06 8:55 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Your "fit and finish" is definitely Mercedes. The boucle will be wonderful, and you're more than qualified to tackle a lining. How about a nice thin wicking fabric to help with the FL climate?
Lori V said... (1/2/06 8:17 AM) Reply
Great job, Debbie. I agree with Chris, so happy you are sewing again. Your reviews are wonderful.
meanjean said... (1/2/06 7:41 AM) Reply
THe jacket is beautiful! And fits very nicely.
MaryBeth said... (1/2/06 7:24 AM) Reply
This pattern worked very well for your jacket. Looks good!
blue mooney said... (1/2/06 6:18 AM) Reply
good job! the mis-matched buttons look great on this jacket.
jlg said... (1/2/06 5:41 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you. Very flattering fit.
Vonnevo said... (1/2/06 4:24 AM) Reply
Wonderful Debbie ! Jackets suit you well and this one fits beautifully. Yes to the Boucle :)))
keelyb1 said... (1/2/06 2:37 AM) Reply
Oooh. I like, I like, I like! You're so inspirational Debbie. I have this urge to rush out and make this right now. And I know the perfect fabric at work for this...Thank you so much for all the helpful and wonderful tips you put in your reviews.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/2/06 1:49 AM) Reply
I was waiting for your review. Even the muslin is great. I love the fabric, the topstitching and the "custom matched" buttons. Even the stitched down facing adds alot. I've contemplated doing that but never got up the nerve...you inspired me. It looks great on you and the neckline is not as round as I thought it was going to be. It's unbelievable you were altering the pattern yesterday!
Tarawebster said... (1/2/06 1:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and very inspiring!
ChrisK said... (1/2/06 1:41 AM) Reply
The jacket looks great Debbie. I'm pleased to see you have started to sew again after the big move to the MP ;-)
Sew4Fun said... (1/2/06 0:58 AM) Reply
Oooo-aaaahhhh! Gorgeous Debbie! I adore the fabric you used. It will be a hard act, for the boucle, to follow. :) All the topstitching looks great!

by: ButtonFait...