Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> 304 (Leotard etc.)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:1/3/06 8:20 PM

Other Projects by Kay Y using this Pattern

photophoto
nancy2001 said... (11/4/06 8:30 AM) Reply
Kay, your tee shirt looks exactly like the pattern I self drafted from a favorite tee shirt. Like you, I use this pattern for fleece jackets too.
AnneM said... (1/4/06 11:39 AM) Reply
Thanks, Kay. I have a RTW shirt like this that I adore so I'm excited to be able to make some. I just signed up for the speed tailoring class, so after that I can try this.
Kay Y said... (1/4/06 7:45 AM) Reply
Anne, I have made this 3x in powerstretch though looser than your plan. For my powerstretch Ts I lengthened the body and made a hemline that's shorter in front - for biking it's a good shape. For the reviewed T, I modified the sleeve cap to create a cap sleeve instead of a set-in style. The sleeve supplied with the pattern is quite tight with a fairly high cap. Nice, but not what I wanted for this shirt.
AnneM said... (1/4/06 7:26 AM) Reply
You won't believe it, but I just bought this pattern. I bought it for the bike jersey, which I plan to make slightly longer and use as a zip-neck mock-T in powerstretch fleece. This is the only pattern I could find for that type of garment. Good information on the lack of shaping at the seams; I might also modify it for fewer pieces. I actually want mine to be skin-tight (as a 1st layer). Why did you modify the sleeve cap?
CarolynGM said... (1/4/06 5:04 AM) Reply
You have perfected that elusive neck-shoulder-armhole fit with this tee.
Lori Sews said... (1/3/06 8:50 PM) Reply