Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2306 (Raglan Sleeve Top)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:9/21/02 3:32 PM
Last Updated:9/16/05 8:24 AM

Meguiar said... (9/16/05 7:38 PM) Reply
Super, super cute top! This is VERY flattering on you. I liked the first 2, but I love the third!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (9/16/05 10:11 AM) Reply
I like your double-tee idea - that's smart!
Katharine in BXL said... (9/16/05 9:38 AM) Reply
Pretty!
Runrover said... (9/16/05 9:01 AM) Reply
Deepika: it may feel a bit snug, but the tip looks gorgeous on you. Great pattern and great sewing!! Cynthia
mudcat said... (3/14/04 10:55 AM) Reply
Your top turned out nice, Deepika. Your lettucing looks so good.
sewnew said... (3/13/04 1:43 PM) Reply
I love the color and lettuce edging. Great top for spring
Leslie in Austin said... (3/13/04 11:19 AM) Reply
Oh wow, Deepika, that top is really really cute on you. Your results are so much prettier than the pattern picture!
sailonsilvergirl said... (3/13/04 10:59 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top, Deepika! I want to do more with onionskin too but I wonder if onionskin is widely available in solids, so a double layer could be made with the print on top and solid on the bottom. I see a lot of prints on EOS, but not so many solids. ??
JDpenelope said... (3/13/04 8:25 AM) Reply
Another winner. Guess I will consider onionskin--just a little nervous about it being too sheer and having to wear a camisole underneath. Do people ever line it, or does that defeat the purpose? I agree with others about your daring, beautiful use of color.
Deepika said... (3/13/04 8:15 AM) Reply
Kwik Sew 3120 is a similar pattern. But it doesnt have the wide ribbing which is so easy to add. Just measure the neckline and make a pattern (a rectangle) measuring the length of the ribbing - which should be atleast 2" smaller than the neckline and make it as wide as you want. The stretch of the fabric is also a factor otherwise you might get puckers. But in most cases its ok. Levone To lengthen the sleeves, I'll just take out some other raglan sleeve pattern and put the sleeve from this pattern on top of that pattern and just trace the new lenght, not disturbing the top of the sleeve. Its very easy. If you dont have a raglan sleeve pattern you can use the set in sleeve pattern also. I am all about "stealing" from other patterns. franatic onionskin is a very thin knit, it doesnt weigh anything, perfect for travelling. Its slightly sheer. Think of it as a stretch lace but smooth. I dont know if all the onionskins are that stretchy but mine is about 50% maybe even more. Lettuce edging is a perfect finish for this fabric. Thank you everyone for such nice comments!
SewingSusan said... (3/13/04 6:53 AM) Reply
Love your shirt, your lettuce edging looks wonderful. Wish this pattern were still available!
AuntieShel said... (3/13/04 6:49 AM) Reply
Deepika, your outfits are adorable. You are so not afraid of color, which I admire and envy! Please tell me what onionskin is and why everyone loves it. I have noticed it in many reviews, but am not sure what it is. Thank you.
jlg said... (3/13/04 5:58 AM) Reply
Very pretty top, Deepika. It looks great on you.
Levone said... (3/12/04 11:29 PM) Reply
Your shirt is very cute. I love your onionskin fabric. Is it easy to lengthen the sleeves? Are you going to add length to the bottom of the sleeve or must you adjust in different places? I'm asking because I want to lengthen KS2694 3/4" sleeves to be full length long sleeves.
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/12/04 10:28 PM) Reply
What a great combination of fabric and pattern! You wear these colors beautifully, and the fit looks great! Too bad the pattern is oop, looks like a great one!
retiredpagirl said... (3/12/04 10:22 PM) Reply
I like both the top and pants! I've read so many reviews on these pants that I think I need to get them. Thanks for the review. :)
said... (9/22/02 8:46 AM) Reply
The top looks great. Isn't that a pretty neckline? Gigi found us another winner.
said... (9/22/02 7:57 AM) Reply
This is a very nice top. I will try to order it, too.
said... (9/21/02 4:08 PM) Reply
The top is so cute - I love the pineapple print! I like your pants too, the fabric is beautiful. :-)
said... (9/21/02 4:03 PM) Reply
Ooh cute top, wonderful pants, lovely model! Uh oh, back to my sewing room; too busy appreciating your sewing and not doing mine!

by: Sheila457