Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5801 (blouse)

Reviewed by:Learn To Sew

About Learn To Sewstar
Member since: 4/12/05
Posted on:1/13/06 2:57 PM
Last Updated:1/13/06 3:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
AnneM said... (1/14/06 9:17 PM) Reply
I really like this style. Congrats on your top, & your healthier diet!
ryan's mom said... (1/13/06 5:59 PM) Reply
Looking really good, Carol! Very impressive work, and that color looks great on you.
jr said... (1/13/06 5:49 PM) Reply
Carol, this blouse looks nice- good color too. I like your haircut!
Lori V said... (1/13/06 5:04 PM) Reply
You have made a very nice looking blouse.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/13/06 4:53 PM) Reply
I think you did a great job on this shirt and I want to congratulate you on your weight loss
Linda F said... (1/13/06 4:29 PM) Reply
What a fantastic job you did! I saw a drawing that showed the diagonal lines you have on the back as needing a shoulder slope fix, but I can't remember where I saw it. Try some shoulder pads and see if it goes away. It fits you well and you did a fantastic job. It must be very comfortable to wear. Great work, you did a great job! So what's next!
Liana said... (1/13/06 4:20 PM) Reply
I don't think you have particularly sloping shoulders, but the pattern looks squarer than you, so you could adjust a little, or use a small shoulder pad, as you suggested. Very nice, really, and a great color!
Debbie Cook said... (1/13/06 3:40 PM) Reply
Carol, I think the blouse is very nice! Good color on you. I'm not so sure you have dramatically sloping shoulders, and like Sherril, I don't think you have a broad back. But I do think you have a slightly rounded back and possibly slightly forward shoulders. If you look at the wrinkles in the back view, they are pointing to your upper center back. I think you need more room there. I don't have my FFRP handy to tell you what page, but rounded back & forward shoulder alterations are in there somewhere.
Nickle said... (1/13/06 3:35 PM) Reply
l I think it looks nice on you, like the color. Congrats on your weight loss.
Sherril Miller said... (1/13/06 3:27 PM) Reply
Carol, I don't really see a problem with the way the back fits except that it looks like you have sloping shoulders. If you do the alteration on page 160 of FFRP, I think you'll get a better back fit. Also, I think you're expecting too much from a garment in the way of arm reach. Either you get a good back fit, OR you get reach room. You can't get both in a non-stretch woven fabric.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/13/06 3:14 PM) Reply
Your top looks very nice! Very wearable. The only improvement I can see is that a small FBA would eliminate the front from rising up, which it does only slightly. You did a nice job. Have fun sewing and congratulations on the lifestyle changes that contributed to your weight loss.

Violette Field Threads Stella