Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> Jeans (Jeans with Threads crotchcurve)

Reviewed by:Agnes

About Agnesstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/16/02
Posted on:1/27/06 1:46 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
kethry said... (1/30/06 5:38 PM) Reply
great job on getting a pair of pants that fit!
Seamingly Simple said... (1/28/06 10:34 AM) Reply
I love your idea about making a cardboard template of your body space. This would make it so much faster altering crotch curves and side seams for a perfect fit every time.
Amylou said... (1/28/06 9:15 AM) Reply
Agnes, thanks for the very helpful review. The jeans look fantastic on you! I'm working on pants fitting right now, and I'm also finding the Threads method to be far superior to everything else, including FFRP.
Katharine in BXL said... (1/27/06 10:11 PM) Reply
Agnes, I have KM & these are the very ones that interested me. Thanks for such an informative review! The fabric is flattering on you, and what a feat on the fitting.
Susan M said... (1/27/06 7:00 PM) Reply
"Lip reading" What poetry. I am determined to give this Threads article a try. It sounds so logical. You are the first I have seen to use it. The results speak for themselves.
mClones said... (1/27/06 6:51 PM) Reply
What a timely review! I am in the middle of working thru this method and wondering about adding those pouches to the side seams where my "cc" bulges out. I was thinking of just adding large seam allowances from waist to knee and then pinning. What do you think? (BTW, great fit you've achieved!)
Rhoda K said... (1/27/06 4:17 PM) Reply
Great review and nice job. Thanks, too, for the review on the Threads pants fitting article. Will give it a try.
Nickle said... (1/27/06 4:08 PM) Reply
Congrats on a great fitting pair of jeans and finding a pattern that works for you. I'm still trying!
MaryBeth said... (1/27/06 3:34 PM) Reply
I'm going to have to wait until I get to a better monitor to see your pants, but I an excited by your review. Thanks for sharing the exploration!
Sewliz said... (1/27/06 2:39 PM) Reply
Congratulations on well fitting jeans you brave woman! I despise trying on endless awful fitting pairs at the stores so I am sewing mine now. I like the buttons on the front. Wish I could see more detail but that is the way black photographs so oh well!
Frogstitcher said... (1/27/06 2:27 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for your review. I've read this article but haven't had the time nor the inclination to get at it. Your review has got me thinking that I really should try this out. Your jeans look great.
sylvia988 said... (1/27/06 2:07 PM) Reply
great review, the jeans look very nice
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (1/27/06 1:52 PM) Reply