Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4287

Posted on:2/20/06 0:55 AM
Last Updated:3/17/06 8:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Katharine in BXL said... (7/16/06 12:46 PM) Reply
Very cool! Adorable on your DGD and DH. The design is eye-catching too, good choice.
appleC said... (3/18/06 10:47 AM) Reply
Wow, the new shirts look great! Looks even greater being worn!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/18/06 0:51 AM) Reply
Great looking shirts.
Topstitcher said... (2/21/06 2:47 PM) Reply
The hand stitches in the front are intentional. Only a few of them show up in the photo but there is a line of hand stitching running all the way up each side. I didn't have any hand embroidery thread handy so I used eight strands of regular thread for this test shirt.

I machine stitched a long stitch-length stitch just inside the vertical seam then used it as a guide to do the hand stitching, making one hand stitch for every three machine stitches. Since the machine stitches don't show at all this worked well.

I've no idea why the stitching showed up on the shirt but not in the photo and I didn't feel like taking the time to enhance them in Photoshop. All I did in Photoshop was take out the metal hanger.
AnneM said... (2/21/06 6:01 AM) Reply
I rather like the low-contrast look, particularly if you make this for a man. I might have to pick this up also; it gives a nice option.
Bbear said... (2/20/06 7:18 PM) Reply
This is great I will have to use a NO IRON fabric for my husband and son since I don't want to be the one to iron!!
Bbear said... (2/20/06 7:18 PM) Reply
This is great! I will have to use a NO IRON fabric for my husband and son since I don't want to be the one to iron!!
Peggy L said... (2/20/06 2:28 PM) Reply
This reminds me of the shirts Charlie Sheen wears on Two and a Half Men! I'm sure your DGD will be pleased.
appleC said... (2/20/06 10:29 AM) Reply
Are the hand stitches in the front intentional? What a cute little shirt.

More Knits