Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4922 (Misses princess seamed shirts)

Reviewed by:Trinity.

About Trinity.starstar
Member since: 10/9/05
Posted on:3/7/06 1:29 PM
Last Updated:3/7/06 10:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Vesta Patterns

CCM said... (12/28/07 10:34 PM) Reply
Can you explain more about what you did to the neckline? Was the collar sitting to high?
StephanieW said... (3/11/07 1:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for noting that it didn't end up as tight-fitting as you originally thought. I'd make a 16 if going by the envie, but looking at the finished measurements on the pattern pieces, I need to make a 12 to be within the ease that I like. Thanks much!
Hilary said... (3/10/06 5:07 PM) Reply
Great job, I love the color, and you did a perfect hem! Thanks for posting pics of you wearing it. Yours looks better than the pattern pic-I just bought this the other day at Hancock's $1 mccalls sale :o) Now I'm glad I did!
Nata said... (3/8/06 5:40 PM) Reply
I think the shirt fits you quite well. All the effort you spent making it is well worth the result!
AnneM said... (3/8/06 4:20 PM) Reply
Glad you got through the problems and ended up with a nice top. Your hem does look fabulous.
slanden99 said... (3/8/06 10:02 AM) Reply
Nice shirt! Once you get the fitting bugs out, it can be a great wardrobe staple. BTW it looks like it fits well across the bust, but needs some adjusting around the tummy and back to make it a fitted shirt. I like the neckband only style, even if it isn't what you intended when you started.
Nickle said... (3/8/06 5:42 AM) Reply
Cute shirt, like the way your hem looks, looks nice on you.
Lorna C. Newman said... (3/7/06 7:43 PM) Reply
When you post the other photos, can you also post one of the hem treatment? LOVE the colour!
SouthernStitch said... (3/7/06 2:13 PM) Reply
You should consider adding your hem treatment to the tip section - I'd like to try that method. I commend your patience doing the collar 6x! Your top looks really nice.
Leora said... (3/7/06 1:47 PM) Reply
For all the problems with the collar you have a great outcome. I think it looks tres chic and I might just copy you!
The Technique of Underlining Garments