Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> #139 pg. 15 (Jeans Coordinates)

Reviewed by:madhatter

About madhatterstar
GERMANY
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:3/28/06 12:31 PM
Last Updated:3/28/06 12:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
madhatter said... (3/30/06 3:57 AM) Reply
indeed you need much patience for drafting without being able to read anything, but thereīs alway someone who can help you in some way, i think. itīs worth a try :) i truly AM intermediate - you donīt know that i needed four muslin sleeves to get it right... or how much swearing was involved! donīt tell anybody... ;) tini: i still have some curtains left *grin*
Tini said... (3/29/06 2:30 PM) Reply
Still love that one :) best thing is, that I do own this pattern and one day I'll sew it ( maybe after the usewhatyouhave month...)
Danvillegirl said... (3/29/06 7:19 AM) Reply
Lovely outfit! Love the fabric and the whole look.
fuzzygalore said... (3/29/06 5:50 AM) Reply
Wow! This is very impressive. I have a few of these books but been too intimidated to try. You didn't exactly pick the easiest project to start with either. This looks truly fabulous, and I bet it looks even better with a sequined fish purse :-)...
Plantwizard said... (3/29/06 2:19 AM) Reply
Holy cow! I can't believe you call yourself an intermediate. Lady, you are at least advanced the way you pulled this off. I could never wear it but on the right person it would be stunning. You should post a picture of you wearing it.
Lhan said... (3/28/06 9:11 PM) Reply
Wow! This looks stunning. You seem so calm about the process of drafting a pattern from minimal information and working on something in a language you don't speak, for a complicated project involving something unusual using a lot of fabric ...... I think you are a sewing risk-taker. All power to you. (Does that translate into German?!?). You inspire me to take a few more risks. And ah - I recognise that fabric now! I have quite a few Ikea fabrics that I don't intend to use for home furnishings - they have very firm structure in mostly natural fibres and I like that. I have a multi-fabric jacket pattern that I am intending to make up using them, and one of them is not unlike the one you used. I bet you get many comments on that outfit when you wear it. Give us some more reviews!!
Modiste Madness said... (3/28/06 8:56 PM) Reply
I love it. It has so much style. Your hard work was well worth it.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (3/28/06 6:06 PM) Reply
It's fabulous. Yes, my first thought was Judy Jetson in haute couture. We won't tell anyone your inspiration fabric came from curtains because we understand. Cheers to your sense of adventure.
madhatter said... (3/28/06 4:46 PM) Reply
thank you all so much :) itīs really fun to draft a pattern - i never thought that this would be something for me! gigi, i remember you posted in the sw-thread *hi!* :) *whisper* the fabric is originally a curtain, i bought it really cheap at IKEA. so you see what happens when i see fabric - no matter what ;)
Gigi Louis said... (3/28/06 3:11 PM) Reply
I saw your gorgeous outfit when you posted a link on SW recently - I have not forgotten it. It is breathtaking!
jnamcd said... (3/28/06 3:01 PM) Reply
Wow! That is super! I really admire you did that without a pattern! Excellent work and it looks really fun!
PhyllisC said... (3/28/06 2:58 PM) Reply
I love the Judy Jetson fabric. :D !
Peggy L said... (3/28/06 2:43 PM) Reply
This is really stunning! Congratulations on such a successful outcome.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (3/28/06 2:15 PM) Reply
This is truly stunning with a definite 1950s vibe with the collar and the flared skirt. I'd love to see this on you!
Ousa said... (3/28/06 1:53 PM) Reply
Great looking Jacket and skirt. So chic! ~Ousa
Stacy Sews said... (3/28/06 1:51 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. You've done a wonderful job - and I LOVE the fabric. Great blog, too!
Ann Smith said... (3/28/06 1:09 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful. I love the fabric. Also I enjoyed looking at your blog and all your wonderful bags and quilts.

by: mhoutz