Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8205

Posted on:4/15/06 1:46 PM
Last Updated:4/15/06 2:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Harriet Rogers said... (4/17/06 10:28 AM) Reply
Ann: I love the neckline on you, but I can see where you wouldn't want to make a lot of these: it's so distinctive it should remain "special". The skirt is great: love the polka dots.
SarahWeb said... (4/16/06 10:27 PM) Reply
A very classy and elegant outfit, Ann. I do love the skirt, and also the jacket/top. I can see this top with a pair of black slacks also.
Queendom said... (4/16/06 7:50 PM) Reply
Terrific, Ann! I just bought this pattern.
lilhoney57 said... (4/16/06 6:23 PM) Reply
Ann, it is really nice! I love it! Thanks for the review.
Mary Stiefer said... (4/16/06 9:44 AM) Reply
What a beautiful neckline and, of course, your changes are wonderful. The combination of the skirt and top certainly is an outfit to wear on any special occasion.
AnneM said... (4/16/06 9:15 AM) Reply
I just love that neckline style. It looks great on you. And the skirt is also very nice.
Jane S said... (4/16/06 8:56 AM) Reply
Ann, beautiful outfit. You look stylish and happy; thanks for sucha good review as well.
Danvillegirl said... (4/16/06 7:53 AM) Reply
Great looking outfit. I like the skirt without the front and back seams as well.
frame said... (4/16/06 0:01 AM) Reply
What a beautiful outfit. It looks terrific on you.
Ann Smith said... (4/15/06 11:31 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone. It is so rewarding to read all the comments. Mely5862, I don't have this problem but my top is a little loose across the upper back which may prevent the restricted movement. Sewsue: the skirt is a heavier linen which doesn't seem to be wrinkling very much. Echolalia: a placket would work as long as the top isn't so tight that it pulls open.
Cambric Tea said... (4/15/06 9:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. The neckline/collar detail is gorgeous on you.
KiwiWendy said... (4/15/06 9:25 PM) Reply
another elegant ensemble, Ann. The top is gorgeous
echolalia said... (4/15/06 9:17 PM) Reply
Whenever I see your name against a listed review, it is the first one I look at Ann - every garment you make has something really stylish about it. The neckline on this top looks fabulous on you. Great fabric choice for the skirt. Do you think that a hidden placket with buttons would work at the centre front? I like the clean lines of the front as illustrated but I don't like snaps.
Nata said... (4/15/06 7:37 PM) Reply
Ann, It looks gorgeous on you!
jlg said... (4/15/06 7:35 PM) Reply
Your outfit is so lovely. Next sale this pattern is mine.
hongkongshopper said... (4/15/06 7:08 PM) Reply
Ann, that is so feminine! Lovely!
CarolynGM said... (4/15/06 6:32 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit, but I especially like the skirt and the pants that come with the pattern. I ignored this pattern because the top neckline is not for me, but the curvy neckline looks great on you.
sewsue said... (4/15/06 5:59 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit Ann, it fits well and looks evry stylish. I really like the linen used in the skirt. How does it go fro creasing?
BjP said... (4/15/06 4:49 PM) Reply
This is such a lovely outfit! Wonderfully different top and love the polka dot fabric on the skirt. You look stunning in it!
Em's Summer said... (4/15/06 4:45 PM) Reply
What a pretty outfit! Thanks for this great review!
Nancy K said... (4/15/06 3:20 PM) Reply
I love this on you. The skirt in particular is very nice and versitile and the fabirc is lovely
zinnia said... (4/15/06 3:19 PM) Reply
Fabulous outfit and shoes! I always enjoy reading your reviews...thank you!
ladybegood said... (4/15/06 3:03 PM) Reply
I love the 'top'! Yours looks much better than Vogue's too.
KarmenG said... (4/15/06 2:52 PM) Reply
Fabulous Ann! What a gorgeous ensemble; it suits you to a "T". I also like the look of that skirt. Thanks for such a helpful review.
jemgirlca said... (4/15/06 2:06 PM) Reply
Wow! So pretty and "spring-y".
kwpanthermom said... (4/15/06 2:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty and looks lovely on you!
Mely5862 said... (4/15/06 2:04 PM) Reply
Fantastic job!! i have been working on this top and I find the arm hole very low. This really restricted movement. Did you have this problem? Thanks
Debbie Cook said... (4/15/06 2:02 PM) Reply
This is SO pretty Ann!! I love the taupe, instead of black, with polka dots. It's a much softer look. You definitely have two winners with this pattern.

Grainline Studio Hemlock Tee