Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 9233 (P/P Perfect Fit)

Reviewed by:Learn To Sew

About Learn To Sewstar
Member since: 4/12/05
Posted on:4/28/06 11:41 PM
Last Updated:6/26/08 7:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Learn To Sew said... (5/1/06 1:52 PM) Reply
Thank you very much everyone. To answer a question, no, I did not fold out any extra tissue in the back. I agree I need to buy PFRP when I get to it. Probably on DVD. I would not have thought to buy and cut a smaller pattern if it had not been recommeded to me on PR. I would still be trimming as I go. Liz does not tissue fit as she says the fabric will not be the same, so this is how she teaches. Flat pattern measure and fit as you go. I do love the way she does zippers and waistbands. I wish I had made the KS 3363 band much longer and cut it in half and sewn it on. I need to take them in more in the CB, but I did not do the band this way, so I will leave them alone. When compairing the two patterns, I like some things better on one and some things better on the other. I guess it really is just the way I sewed things that I notice. Thanks for the encouragement. It is very much appreaciated.
Mufffet said... (5/1/06 10:08 AM) Reply
Carol, very good review. Yes, a smaller pattern is what you need. You are certainly a hard worker and it won't be long until you sew some of us under the table!
PVA said... (4/30/06 12:22 PM) Reply
Congratulations, Carol! All your hard work is really paying off. Your understanding of what you need to do is far more important than having a perfect fit on the 2nd or even 3rd effort! Please keep giving us reviews as you work out the fine-tuning!
AnneM said... (4/30/06 9:54 AM) Reply
Congrats! You are pulling ahead in the pants department. And I think you are right on with your comments on future changes.
carolynw said... (4/29/06 5:13 PM) Reply
Carol - I made these and ended up with a terrific fit but only after a lot of fitting and so on. Did you fold out the tuck in the back? That may remove some of the extra fabric you feel you have inthe thighs. Their book "Pants for Real People" is so helpful - get it if you can.
Sherril Miller said... (4/29/06 0:03 AM) Reply
Awsome Carol, you already know what changes to make. I think they could be better in a smaller size so I hope the dryer cooperates with you.

Favorite Things Uptown Coat Pattern