Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> n/a (JoAnn Fabric skirt panel)

Reviewed by:Linda F

About Linda Fstar
Member since: 8/7/05

Posted on:5/6/06 9:40 AM
Last Updated:5/6/06 11:21 AM
layla said... (5/8/06 1:17 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review ... I have been looking at these panels at Joann's ... Does not sound as easy as it looks, however I love the pattern once it is made up ... looks great on you and you did a great job of making lemonade out of lemons !!
slanden99 said... (5/7/06 6:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt
Debbie Cook said... (5/7/06 12:34 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt. Sometimes you just need an instant gratification project. Well done!
pjrsews said... (5/7/06 12:22 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt! I am in the process of making something similar for my daughter except I added a sundress type bodice to it. Lots of figuring. Unfortunately now she says she doesn't like it because the skirt isn't poofy enough. Lining is not an option at this point so I am trying to think of something to put around the hem to give it body. Any ideas? (AMEN to what we won't do for our children!!!)
Danvillegirl said... (5/7/06 7:44 AM) Reply
Really lovely skirt. I love the border look. I am sure she will be a knockout at the dinner.
Mary Reed said... (5/7/06 1:52 AM) Reply
Very, very cute. My daughter wants one!
Tiner W said... (5/6/06 6:43 PM) Reply
It looks adorable on her!
Em's Summer said... (5/6/06 1:20 PM) Reply
A circle skirt with a border! That's definitely a rarity! You were very lucky to find that fabric, and you did a great job. It looks lovely!
MelissaB in WA said... (5/6/06 1:04 PM) Reply
Oh I just love that skirt! Thanks for all the tips you shared. And I too think that it's a great idea to have her help you with the next two skirts. Great job on your first review too!!!~Melissa
Physics Girl said... (5/6/06 12:46 PM) Reply
Yeah! You're making sure your daughter is a fashionable scientist already! (I also like her shoes.) Great job getting the skirt to work well.. and any chance of getting HER in the sewing room for one of the next ones, now that you've done such a great job getting it fixed?
Modiste Madness said... (5/6/06 11:39 AM) Reply
I have seen those panels and thought the fabric didn't look like they would hold up. What a great idea to line it. Problem solved and a cute skirt is the product.
Muria said... (5/6/06 11:21 AM) Reply
Cute skirt! Thanks for mentioning that it bleeds. The McCalls pattern that uses this kind of panel utilizes multiple panels to give it a fuller look, but I think yours looks great with just one!
hungryzombiecouture said... (5/6/06 11:11 AM) Reply
The skirt is adorable. Congratualtions to your daughter, from one chemistry nerd to another!!
Elemenopeo said... (5/6/06 10:32 AM) Reply
You really elevated the panel into a very wearable skirt. Thanks for all the tips.
Stitchology said... (5/6/06 10:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for figuring out how to boost the quality of this project. You did a great job and it looks beautiful.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/6/06 10:01 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous. I love the fabric.
Rhoda K said... (5/6/06 10:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for your detailed review. I've seen patterns using this type fabric, but as you found out, unless the fabric is of decent quality, sometimes it doesn't work well. Especially a print that bleeds! The skirt is beautiful and your DD will look smashing!
rosephreak said... (5/6/06 9:55 AM) Reply
What a really cute skirt. It looks lovely. Thank you for the tips you provided and about adding the lining. I wouldn't have thought of that. Very pretty.