Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8145 (Misses' dress)

Reviewed by:lmg

About lmgstarstar
NA CANADA
Member since: 1/5/05
Posted on:5/14/06 11:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Monica G said... (5/27/06 10:47 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. I am currently looking for a pattern for an outdoor wedding in July. Thank you for your review. I need to think about the mitered corners, having never done that before
KrystalL said... (5/17/06 11:16 AM) Reply
I love your choice of fabric. It really makes the dress.
lmg said... (5/16/06 11:00 PM) Reply
I finally figured out how to wear this dress!! You need to twist the ties first, not just cross them before you wrap to the back. In the ribbon version, the pattern picture shows a simple crossover. I am much happier with the black ties worn this way.
KathleenS said... (5/16/06 8:52 AM) Reply
I'm considering this pattern. Do you think it would be possible to leave out the zip and still get the dress on?
Stephanie C. said... (5/15/06 8:19 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. I love it. Grey chiffon would like nice.
Elemenopeo said... (5/15/06 5:51 PM) Reply
I like the contrast ties. Give more waist definition. I'd keep them. It's such a nice dress.
countrybug said... (5/15/06 10:49 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress and fit. I have to agree too that the ties are a bit overwhelming and I also like the idea of matching ties. But, beautiful nonetheless.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/15/06 9:14 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous. This is certainly better than anything that I have seen in an high end store. Great style
AnneM said... (5/15/06 7:53 AM) Reply
Nice, although very distinctive with the contrast tie. I like the idea of the matching tie, to get more use out of the pattern.
Vonnevo said... (5/15/06 6:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful :)))
fuzzygalore said... (5/15/06 5:29 AM) Reply
Great dress. I tend to agree with you that the tie, while it looks good, overwhelms the whole thing a bit though. I like your idea of grey chiffon, although chiffon might not be heavy enough to drape well? You could always compensate a fly-away tendency with a few corner beads, and grey woul definitely work well. You could also just make another one with a more matching tie, this one looks like something I'd wear without a qualm :-).
Lori V said... (5/14/06 11:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, your fabric is wonderful.

by: velosewer