Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5914 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:Sew it seams

About Sew it seamsstarstar
Member since: 7/15/03
Posted on:5/17/06 7:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Vanilla Bean said... (2/5/15 7:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I just bought this pattern then saw your review and picture-I hope mine turns out as nice.
Sew it seams replied...(2/6/15 4:31 PM)
Thank you!
Fancy said... (8/6/06 4:44 PM) Reply
the outfit really looks nice all together.
Tee Jay said... (7/30/06 3:34 PM) Reply
Have you ever tried the interfacing Peggy Sagers uses? I saw a linen dress with it and it really tames the wrinkles--but of course you loose the cool breeze flowing through the fabric. I plan on making this skirt with interfaced Brussels washer linen (a rayon linen blend). The skirt I get the most complements on is a RTW like this--I hope I can duplicate it. Yours looks fabulous!
casken said... (5/18/06 9:15 PM) Reply
Love your skirt.
AnneM said... (5/18/06 4:33 PM) Reply
I should get around to making this pattern; I just haven't wanted to make the FRA (full rear adjustment). Yours looks great; a very nice suit.
Sew it seams said... (5/18/06 1:59 PM) Reply
Thank you all for commenting. I added a link at the bottom with the top that is peaking out of the upper photo. I haven't worn these together, but didn't want Maggie to be indecent when I photographed her! I made a knit skirt from the same fabric, so I can see that I now have several combinations to wear. Yay!
cindyann said... (5/18/06 11:56 AM) Reply
So pretty. Very beautiful suit!
CarolynD said... (5/18/06 10:06 AM) Reply
Very very nice. I have this pattern, now I am inspired to use it soon. Beautiful color and love how you paired it with the jacket. What a great suit.
Peggy L said... (5/18/06 8:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!! Love the color and they look wonderful together. Wonderful MOB outfit.
JDpenelope said... (5/18/06 7:31 AM) Reply
Wow! Your dd's wedding has lead to a flurry of activity and some beautiful things for yourself. If you are like me, you sew for yourself last (which usually means, *never*). The color and drape of the skirt are luscious.
hongkongshopper said... (5/17/06 11:46 PM) Reply
Debe, it has been fun following your sewing with your DD's wedding! All such beautiful work. I almost feel as if I am a distant relative invited to the wedding :)
Jan B. said... (5/17/06 11:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful outfit!! How wonderful for your daughter's wedding. Enjoy the day. . .
brrmm said... (5/17/06 10:36 PM) Reply
Somebody once told me to just let your linen clothes wrinkle - then at least everybody will know it is really linen that you're wearing !! Your skirt is beautiful and the colour is fabulous, looks terrific with the coat too.
jnamcd said... (5/17/06 8:55 PM) Reply
I love that lines of that skirt! And the jacket is great, too! I like the top that is peaking out on the skirt only picture--looks like they go great together! Thanks for the review, I may have to pick this pattern up sometime!
Hilary said... (5/17/06 8:17 PM) Reply
Oh, *wow*, you are right, they look GORGEOUS together! Beautiful outfit- I*love* the color as well.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS