Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6429 (Misses' Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:Sew it seams

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Heatherrique said... (6/30/06 10:51 PM) Reply
Yours looks great! The classic surplice/wrap knit dress!
Danvillegirl said... (5/18/06 8:18 PM) Reply
Glad you are posting again. Lovely dress.
carolynw said... (5/18/06 7:56 PM) Reply
That's so nice and elegant - will have to add this pattern to my stash!!
Schnauzer said... (5/18/06 7:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress Debe! This pattern has been on my wish list for ages-I think it's time to buy it!
CarolynGM said... (5/18/06 7:11 PM) Reply
Pretty and feminine. I love the lace peeking out.
AnneM said... (5/18/06 4:33 PM) Reply
Very pretty. I think I likve the back view even more than the front, with the nice draping.
PhyllisC said... (5/18/06 4:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful ! !
Tini said... (5/18/06 4:15 PM) Reply
this is awesome! Very inspiring....
Tiner W said... (5/18/06 4:13 PM) Reply
I love this dress! I don't care how many times I see it made up. I just love it! Yours is great!
Lorna C. Newman said... (5/18/06 11:50 AM) Reply
I think I am going to have to break down and buy this pattern! I can see it as a nice top as well and I have powerdry coming!
Tailypo said... (5/18/06 11:12 AM) Reply
I never get tired of reading reviews for this dress. As soon as I get over my fear of knits, this little number is going to be mine! Yours is elegant and beautiful.
umjudis said... (5/18/06 10:51 AM) Reply
Just another comment to tell you I never tire of reviews on the same pattern. I think it's fun to see all the different interpretations of it. The dress is lovely. That lace cami really dressed it up. I have been thinking of making this for myself for a wedding in July. Thanks for the inspiration.
ConnieBJ said... (5/18/06 9:00 AM) Reply
Debe that dress is soooo beautiful! BTW congrats on your daughters wedding - I enjoyed the dress thread!
Peggy L said... (5/18/06 8:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I have this pattern waiting in the wings also. I hope you still have your MOB dress to review.
MarilynB said... (5/18/06 8:40 AM) Reply
Your dress is elegant. I love the back view, too.
SewingSusan said... (5/18/06 7:53 AM) Reply
Lovely choice of fabric and accessories. Great job!
gaby said... (5/18/06 3:27 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Love the cami underneath. This dress is on my to-do list.
JDpenelope said... (5/18/06 1:44 AM) Reply
Your slinky version of this pattern is great. Thanks for the tips; anxious to see photos of you in the dress, too.
drsue said... (5/17/06 11:36 PM) Reply
Looks terrific. One day I must try this pattern.
Sew it seams said... (5/17/06 11:16 PM) Reply
Thank you! Jen, To raise the neckline, next time I will draw the neckline on each side with a little less of a curve which will raise the V for me. I don't know that the top runs large - I think it may be that my fabric is heavy and it feels a little wide in the shoulders. I wear a 12 in patterns for wovens, but sometimes going down a size in the knits gives me a better fit in the shoulder area. Normally I would use a 14 from the waist down, but again, because of the knit, the 12 is a good fit for me there.
jr said... (5/17/06 10:53 PM) Reply
Debe, your dress looks great....very classy!
brrmm said... (5/17/06 10:31 PM) Reply
Your dress is really lovely!! I particularly like the drape of the fabric and the "swirly" skirt. Thanks for the review.
Lori V said... (5/17/06 10:23 PM) Reply
First off, no, not tired of your reviews, they are wonderful. Your dress is beautiful, this is a gotta have dress. Thanks for the great review and can't wait to see your picture.
JenSews2 said... (5/17/06 10:08 PM) Reply
I am itching to make this dress, but just don't know what fabric to use. It is calling to me :) . Yours looks great. I am also concerned about the low neckline...what would you do to raise it on the next one (other than add a cami?). Also...does the top just run big? you mentioned going down a size in the top?
Penny Carlson said... (5/17/06 9:13 PM) Reply
You know what? This looks like a dress version of Christine Jonson's Princess Wrap Top, which is also very flattering.
Diane E said... (5/17/06 9:07 PM) Reply
Debe, I love your dress! I can't wait to see a picture of you in it. I know what you mean about the neckline and your lace tank is a lovely solution. I am just now making this dress myself, after having had the pattern in my collection for a couple of years. I've got everything done but setting in the sleeves and finishing the hem and I can tell it's going to be a winner. As one of the prior reviewers mentioned, the skirt is so swirly. Great choice for the rehearsal dinner!
jemgirlca said... (5/17/06 9:02 PM) Reply
Love it! I need to get this one made up.
Jennifer Young said... (5/17/06 8:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, Debe! It's always nice to see variations on a pattern, so thank you for sharing your review. Yes, I think this one is a winner; it's high on my list now!
Johsews said... (5/17/06 8:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress- can't wait to see you in it! For some reason the closest Joann's NEVER has this pattern in stock- they offered to order it for me and let me pay $5 shipping! No thank you...
Susan C said... (5/17/06 8:31 PM) Reply
That looks really pretty. I like the lace tank underneath.

by: mhoutz