Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2975 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:JAJenkins1971

About JAJenkins1971
TX USA
Member since: 5/14/04
Posted on:6/20/06 7:50 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

JAJenkins1971 said... (6/21/06 9:06 AM) Reply
Some great ideas in the comments!! Thank you!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/21/06 9:01 AM) Reply
Fuzzy Galore has the right idea. I think her recommendations might make DH feel a bit better. You've done a nice job but perhaps a lighter weight fabric would make it much more comfy.
fuzzygalore said... (6/21/06 3:05 AM) Reply
On the whole, loose styles look best with light, drapey fabric. Remember rayon in the 80s for all those big boxy shirts? So, while I like the color too, and I think it's very cute, you might do well to aim lighter for the next one, it sounds like there will definitely be a next one :-).

If you were going to make any modification to mollify the husband, I'd say shorten the sleeves a bit - they hit right at your widest point, which is usually not the right effect. A bit shorter would look more contemporary too. Thanks for pointing out this utterly comfortable shirt!

Sherril Miller said... (6/21/06 2:40 AM) Reply
I have those "feeling fat" days too and always wind up having to take in patterns I cut out on those days. I like this style too, but I know they aren't my most flattering style. Yours looks cute in that eyelet. Very comfy with jeans.
wvsher said... (6/20/06 10:35 PM) Reply
Nice top, looks comfy and well constructed.
jessika said... (6/20/06 10:05 PM) Reply
I think this top looks great. I am now considering makeing one. Great Job.
bunz said... (6/20/06 9:45 PM) Reply
comfort always wins -- doesn't it ?
Em's Summer said... (6/20/06 8:49 PM) Reply
Deleted duplicate comment. :-O
Em's Summer said... (6/20/06 8:48 PM) Reply
Deleted duplicate comment. :-O
Em's Summer said... (6/20/06 8:46 PM) Reply
From the picture, I can't tell that the fabric is heavier than you would have liked for this style. The blouse that you made looks nice, and the color is light and perfect for summer! Thanks for this great review! Almost forgot to add...the pic doesn't look bizarre at all, but your comment about squatting is too too funny! I only noticed it after you pointed it out. :-)

by: dmsmith05