Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 971 (Swimcap)

Reviewed by:Neefer

About Neeferstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:8/22/06 5:57 PM
Last Updated:8/23/06 1:58 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear

Other Projects by Neefer using this Pattern

KAB said... (8/25/06 11:35 AM) Reply
Charming and practical solution for lap swimming. I'm fascinated by all hats and headgear, so your review brought a happy smile to my face.
Katharine in BXL said... (8/24/06 3:27 PM) Reply
How cool! Thanks for reviewing it and I hope you get a lot out of it. In Taiwan these are required for all pools, and every suit (men's & women's) is sold with one. I always wanted a pattern... thx!
Mary Reed said... (8/23/06 11:33 PM) Reply
WOW!! I really want a swim cap, but I have a large head (my mother used to say it had rocks in it!) I am a man's 7 5/8 sized head - ex large mens hats barely fit. Most swim caps give me a head ache and leave a very deep mark. Yuck. I wish there was a way to get the swim cap pattern without buying the pattern. Oh well. Thanks for the review.
pterion said... (8/23/06 3:02 PM) Reply
Oh, I remember this swimwear fabric from your bathing suit review! Gotta love patterns that make use of all the remnants and scraps. Good idea!
carolhope said... (8/22/06 11:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I just finished making grandmother/toddler granddaughter bathing suits and it would be too cute to have matching caps too! Seriously, we do not wear our suits at the same time, just occasionally at the "Y" pool. It looks as if tyour cap is six triangular pieces sew together with the points all joining at this top. Is this so? I have a pattern for a fleece hat like this that would probably work. I'll at least make matching headbands, if not caps. Thanks so much for the idea!
sewsue said... (8/22/06 6:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern, I had never thought of making my own swimmming caps. I am a regular lap swimmer and like you said buy caps once or twice a year. In summer I find the silicone ones very warm! as tehy don't breath at all. Swimwear fabric would solve this. Thanks.
Skymom said... (8/22/06 6:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I've been thinking of drafting my own pattern for a swim cap for my little daughter and her pals, since stuffing their heads into the latex or silicone ones is a hassle. Do you think I need the pattern, or is it just two sort of half-circles with a strip/gusset down the middle, like the RTW ones?