Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 134 (Thai Blouse)

Reviewed by:Annika

About Annikastar
WA USA
Member since: 11/14/03
Posted on:6/28/06 11:25 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Elemenopeo said... (6/29/06 2:51 PM) Reply
Really a lovely looking blouse in a fantastic color.
Liana said... (6/29/06 2:02 PM) Reply
What a great look on you! It's so flattering. This may be the wrap top that I finally try and like. Great review!
Susan R said... (6/29/06 1:42 PM) Reply
Annika, your blouse is lovely. I've made this pattern twice and really like it. The pattern is a bit expensive, but you get a couple of other tops with it--a Chinese-type jacket, which I have made, and Indian sarong and top.
Tini said... (6/29/06 1:22 PM) Reply
You have to bring this to London. It is gorgeous!
ndesimon said... (6/29/06 1:00 PM) Reply
LOVE it - now it's on my must-have list!
redhead said... (6/29/06 10:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I bought this pattern for the choli and sari wrapping instructions but never considered this blouse until now.
marthamyers said... (6/29/06 9:44 AM) Reply
Great to see this review. I made this pattern a while back out of light weight linen. It is a style that is flattering on many different shapes, I think. The gusset under the arm was new for me, but as Annika says, it's pretty straight forward to make. I too found the sleeves to be long and enjoy rolling them up! Thanks, Annika!
touran said... (6/29/06 9:06 AM) Reply
The top is absolutely lovely on you. I've been wanting to make this for a while, and it's good to see how it looks on a similar build.
mintlatte said... (6/29/06 9:02 AM) Reply
Ahh, just lovely....I really like that color on you :-) The one thing I really love about this site is that there are pictures of people my size.....this is totally wearable and flattering on you :-)
Harriet Rogers said... (6/29/06 8:31 AM) Reply
Great style for you and beautiful color. I'm sure you'll get a lot of wear out of this: thanks for such a good review.
oracle said... (6/29/06 7:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I've been eyeing this pattern for awhile, and thinking of getting it next time I buy Folkwear. Now I'm even more tempted. Looks great on you!
Linda E. said... (6/29/06 6:44 AM) Reply
Love it. love it.. the b blouse is great on you the color is besutiful for you.
els said... (6/29/06 6:15 AM) Reply
The blouse and color looks great on you Annika.Thanks for the review.
Katharine in BXL said... (6/29/06 2:34 AM) Reply
Another cool signture garment from you. The color is marvelous, and the cut is perfect for sticky days. And greetings from the Netherlands!
Jennifer shaw said... (6/29/06 0:51 AM) Reply
This is a gorgeous style and color on you! I have been dying to make up this pattern for a long time. Thanks for your very helpful review!
Lhan said... (6/29/06 0:41 AM) Reply
A lovely review! It is nice that there is more than one way to do wrap tops, and they don't have to be body-hugging knits. Lovely colour too. Did you find the pattern expensive? If it is the pattern company I think it is, I was put off by their prices. It looks great on you though!
meca said... (6/28/06 11:39 PM) Reply
Enjoyed your review -- your blouse is beautiful and you look great. Thanks for the adivce on making this work for a "real" person.

Sew Liberated Mischievous Gnome Messenger Bag