Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4192 (Five easy coordinates)

Reviewed by:ReneeSews

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

Other Projects by ReneeSews using this Pattern

photophoto

AnneM said... (8/2/06 4:58 PM) Reply
Nice fabric choice for your top. Yours came out great. Good information between this review & the others!
Luckylibbet said... (7/3/06 1:40 PM) Reply
The top looks terrific on you! I love your choice of fabric, the pintuck look is wonderful.
redsquid said... (7/3/06 10:35 AM) Reply
Excellent, you got the pattern to work - I'm thinking now the fabric I used for my top was too firm and just did not have enough stretch (although it had enough according to the "stretch chart") - thanks for the review!
PKPudlin said... (7/3/06 8:49 AM) Reply
Nice job, Renee. Very cute top and helpful review. Thanks!
ReneeSews said... (7/3/06 7:06 AM) Reply
fuzzy - In this pic I look like I still am doing the camouflage slump ;-)
LauraM62 said... (7/3/06 6:56 AM) Reply
Your top looks lovely on you Renee!
Danvillegirl said... (7/3/06 5:35 AM) Reply
Your top fits well. Glad to read you had to neckband problems. i still plan to make this.
jlg said... (7/3/06 5:34 AM) Reply
Very pretty top. Beautifully done.
fuzzygalore said... (7/3/06 3:51 AM) Reply
You're getting the fit -perfect-! And you rather look like me, so I'd say yes you do have narrow shoulders :-). You've thrown me into philosophical musings of how many women with big busts have narrow shoulders - maybe it's from shoulder tightness due to weight carrying from years of inadequate bras, or teenage slumping to camouflage :-)?? Whatever the reason, the shoulders are perfect here, so keep doing what you're doing, in Big4 patterns at least.
Elemenopeo said... (7/2/06 11:04 PM) Reply
You did have excellent results on this top!
Sherril Miller said... (7/2/06 10:56 PM) Reply
Your tank came out cute. I don't care for the pants, did that in high school, but I really like that kimono top.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/2/06 10:39 PM) Reply
What a cute top, Renee.
CatherineN said... (7/2/06 10:01 PM) Reply
Your fabric is very pretty. Please be sure to review the pants when you make them.
ReneeSews said... (7/2/06 9:51 PM) Reply
Em's Summer - The only thing I can think of is the fabric used? The fabric I used is a alternating ribbed and lacey, medium weight with no vertical stretch, only stretches horizontially.
Em's Summer said... (7/2/06 9:32 PM) Reply
Yours turned out nicely. I wrote one of the other reviews of this and I'm amazed that you followed the instructions and didn't get a shelf neckband like I got when I followed the instructions and tried to sew this with gathers. The fabric I used was just as stretchy, and recovers just as well as two way knits, but I ended up with a shelf when I tried to make it with the gathers. I had to improvise to get a wearable top from this pattern so I'm truly amazed that you didn't run into the neckband problems that some of us ran into. You did a good job!
Mely5862 said... (7/2/06 9:14 PM) Reply
I really like it. Very nice fit. I think it looks better than the envelope
bunz said... (7/2/06 9:09 PM) Reply
Renee - you're really getting the hang of it! Pretty top. I especially like the tiny ruffle treatment.

Understanding Wool Fabrics