Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 250 (Pam's Blouse)

Reviewed by:PixieCat

About PixieCatstar
Member since: 5/5/04
Posted on:7/5/06 12:36 PM
Last Updated:7/5/06 3:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

solveg said... (8/12/12 0:24 AM) Reply
I am so glad you posted this review. I finally found a pattern I thought my grandmother would like. She would hate it if it looked that wide on her. You just saved me money and time.
Azure said... (9/15/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review! I cannot figure out from the pattern which size I need. I was hoping there would be more help inside the package, but it just tells me to look on the outside, where there is no information besides finished body measurements. How does that relate to the B, C and D cup sizes? I think after seeing the finished product, I won't bother to try to figure it out!
KathySews said... (10/21/07 6:36 PM) Reply
I have this pattern. I think I will look at possibility of shortening the collar area to pull up the buttons to just under bust. If that works, I will let you all know
AnneM said... (8/2/06 5:30 PM) Reply
I like your original pic (same pose as the pattern). And your 2nd photo tells us why they used that pose! Very interesting. If that makes you look flat, I'd hate to see what it does for me.
xela said... (7/6/06 3:42 PM) Reply
Maybe it's too big. It actually looks a little too wide in the shoulders. The color is great. Thanks for the review.
slanden99 said... (7/6/06 12:32 PM) Reply
How dissapointing! I'd like to see what the model looks like with her arms uncrossed. It seems like they were trying to hide the overall look in the pattern photo. I agree with moushka--You would have to be very slender and very tall (or longwaised) to have a chance looking good in this style of blouse. Maybe you can save the blouse by converting it to a jacket and evening out the fullness through the entire length (taking away at the top or adding fullness at the bottom)
LauraM62 said... (7/6/06 7:54 AM) Reply
Well it looks pretty with your arms crossed - sorry it didn't work for you - know it wouldn't be a good design on me either with the uncrossed arms
Karla Kizer said... (7/5/06 8:14 PM) Reply
Are you sure you can't stand around with your arms crossed all the time? It looks great that way. Very helpful review...but I'm sorry all your work didn't pay off in a wearable garment. Darn!
dreamdesigner said... (7/5/06 8:03 PM) Reply
"slender" and "long-waisted" since Peggy is both herself, perhaps she tends to design (perhaps sub-consciously) for such people.
moushka said... (7/5/06 6:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the second photo. I have this pattern, darn. Having seen it made up, I honestly don't think this style will work on anyone who is even a tiny bit short-waisted, or with a full ribcage, which lets me out. It's such a pretty style but perhaps better suited to those who are both slender and long-waisted. So, anyone want to buy a pattern? :-)
Debbie Cook said... (7/5/06 4:00 PM) Reply
Oh boy -- I see what you mean. That's too bad, but you're right ... it really does add width and weight that you do NOT have.
Debbie Cook said... (7/5/06 3:06 PM) Reply
I'll have to take your word for it re uncrossing your arms because in the pic, it looks very nice!

Sis Boom Carly Bubble Romper