Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7978 (Vogue Basic Design)

Reviewed by:Frogstitcher

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

patsijean said... (7/11/06 5:46 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this coat. I do not feel that it looks like a lab coat at all. As a short person, I will certainly give this pattern serious thought, and Vogue has always been my favorite.
cathy45 said... (7/11/06 11:26 AM) Reply
Great job. It looks to trim and smooth. Your review of the pattern encourages to give it try, too.
milwaukee_kelly said... (7/11/06 8:56 AM) Reply
Really great job on the trench!
Danvillegirl said... (7/11/06 5:17 AM) Reply
Lovely coat. Very professional looking. Like the trim and buttons.
nicegirl said... (7/10/06 3:41 PM) Reply
Really neat! I have been thinking of making a trench, but too lazy to deal with the collar and lining aspects of it. I feel a bit inspired...
Ronda Rae said... (7/10/06 12:47 PM) Reply
Wonderful review. I could almost visualize you making it. I love this jacket, too. I have one similar on the back burner for this fall. I'm procrastinating it because I have to match the herringbone material.>love the jacket! Ronda
sideseams said... (7/10/06 11:38 AM) Reply
I just love your coat and the button detail. It is a great pattern for petites. Because of your review I will also try this pattern (I am 5'2").
Frogstitcher said... (7/10/06 11:27 AM) Reply
nitwit; to answer your question, I hand-basted a cotton batiste to my main garment fabric and fuse interfaced a light weight tricot to the cotton batiste. My fabric just wasn't firm enough to hold its shape.
bunz said... (7/10/06 10:58 AM) Reply
You got a very classic and classy coat out of this "lab" fabric (I don't agree w dd). Great review.
Rhoda K said... (7/10/06 10:55 AM) Reply
Good looking coat and good review. One question, or am I not reading correctly. You stated that you . . .hand-basted then interfaced . . . I'm confused.
Doris W. in TN said... (7/10/06 10:46 AM) Reply
Your coat looks great. I bought this pattern last year after reading several positive reviews. ;-) I hope to make it one day.
Seamingly Simple said... (7/10/06 10:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough review. The straight, vertical lines of this pattern are a superb choice to elongate a petite figure. The fabric sounds like it was difficult to work with: no give or ease to it all all. Kudos to you for persevering and finishing the coat 8 months before spring!
carolynw said... (7/10/06 10:30 AM) Reply
Very nice - if I get started on one now I may have it ready for Fall - or perhaps next Spring? Will certainly be adding this pattern to my stash - thanks for a great review
cindyann said... (7/10/06 10:29 AM) Reply
Lovely coat! The beaded buttons are so pretty. I'm sure you will get a lot of use from this coat.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/10/06 9:29 AM) Reply
What a classic trench coat. You've done a wonderful job. I love the buttons and the beads in the center just make it all your own. Great job.

by: ak21