Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> 05 (Drape Front T)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

CherylStillSews said... (11/6/06 0:42 AM) Reply
Love it!
BeckyC said... (11/5/06 10:27 PM) Reply
Wow! The neckline is fabulous! I missed this review the first time around and am really sorry I did. You did a great job on the neckline -- I love the drape -- so unique. Thank you for sharing!
Sherril Miller said... (11/5/06 6:23 PM) Reply
That's a cool top. I'm going to try it out using my TNT t-shirt pattern. Thanks for sharing!
mClones said... (11/5/06 5:53 PM) Reply
What a timely review for me as I have just completed the HotPatterns Renaissance top a few reviews below. Your controlled cowl/drape neck is a much more flattering. Would you know of a commercial pattern that would approximate your original design?
Karla Kizer said... (11/5/06 5:38 PM) Reply
What a great top. It fits beautifully and the drape is concentrated exactly where it will show when worn with a jacket. I printed out your review and the pattern front you linked to. I hope you consider imitation to be the best form of flattery.
CarolynGM said... (11/5/06 5:28 PM) Reply
Your new silk jersey top is gorgeous. The neckline drape is perfect.
BeckyW said... (7/11/06 10:03 AM) Reply
Very pretty!!
patsijean said... (7/9/06 11:44 PM) Reply
Your top is stunning and quite original. Kudos to you.
Mariko said... (7/9/06 11:19 AM) Reply
Kay Y, great trial! I love to read other PR members' experiments on self-drafting. Look forward to seeing your silk jersey version!
MaryBeth said... (7/9/06 8:18 AM) Reply
I definitely applaud using the PMB software for this type of project. Even though it takes lots of extra time the results are great. I'll be staying tuned!
JDpenelope said... (7/9/06 7:47 AM) Reply
Pleased? I'd be proud as punch had I drafted this gorgeous and challenging top. Just purchased this software and am a long way from what you have accomplished here.
Danvillegirl said... (7/9/06 7:42 AM) Reply
What a great looking top! You are becoming PMB savvy. Really very creative and I can't wait to see your next version.
fuzzygalore said... (7/9/06 4:22 AM) Reply
Wow! Thanks for the patternmaking inspiration, this one is totally stunning..
Liana said... (7/9/06 2:37 AM) Reply
Very interesting neckline! I can't wait to see your new versions.
Em's Summer said... (7/8/06 9:41 PM) Reply
This cowl neck top is very pretty, and so is the pale yellow shade of your fabric! Thanks for this great review!
Lorna C. Newman said... (7/8/06 8:30 PM) Reply
a tailored cowl neck ... who would have thought? Lovely design, surprised I have nto seen this in the pattern catalogs/magazines.
carolynw said... (7/8/06 7:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful top!!
CarolynGM said... (7/8/06 6:52 PM) Reply
Your process sounds like so much fun. The top is original and lovely. I can't wait to see the silk one. Please be sure to post an update!
ConnieBJ said... (7/8/06 6:27 PM) Reply
I am impressed - that looks wonderful.
Tailypo said... (7/8/06 6:23 PM) Reply
Fantastic job! I have a DVF top with a similar drape front but it is practically unwearable because bras always show at the dart/pleat. Your version is much nicer than Diane's!!!
purpleseamstress said... (7/8/06 6:12 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful top with an interesting and original fit. The results of this top are what sewing is all about, coming up with something one of a kind that fits well. I like the way the arms of this blouse are done and the fitted look with the soft drapey cowl. Gives a soft elegant look but retains the feminine shape of the chest area.
els said... (7/8/06 5:19 PM) Reply
Experience and playing with a pattern like you did, results in a fantastic top.Thanks for sharing.

by: Sheila457