Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 9876 (Shirt dress/blouse)

Reviewed by:Debra H

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Lis K said... (4/6/08 2:19 PM) Reply
Love the look of this blouse. Especially the shoulder treatment. I would love to use a Marfy pattern but I'm too small. Thanks for your help.
Liana said... (5/7/07 9:50 AM) Reply
Don't know how I missed this! It looks great, and I love your stripe variations!
AnneM said... (11/24/06 2:10 PM) Reply
catching up on reviews: Great grain adjustment; love the effect. Nic eidea to change this into a blouse.
hongkongshopper said... (7/22/06 10:59 PM) Reply
Debra, this is lovely. You are so adventurous with stripes! I love what you do with Marfty, but alas they don't make them small enough for me. Thanks for the extra photos :)
Pat T said... (7/22/06 11:36 AM) Reply
Great job of seeing design potential using stripes to fully use the pattern pieces -- and this wasn't obvious from the line drawings. This makes me wish Marfy worked for me and my small upper frame. (And I know that Debra did this from start to finish in less than a week -- when she bought the buttons 6 days ago too she hadn't cut it out yet!)
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/22/06 11:26 AM) Reply
What a great blouse! -Ann
MaryBeth said... (7/22/06 11:01 AM) Reply
Ahhhhh, that's a great garment!!! That's also one of the Marfy patterns that I thought I might order (no time to order, much less sew, so far)
PhyllisC said... (7/22/06 10:48 AM) Reply
Love it in seersucker - a brilliant fabric choice!
Modiste Madness said... (7/22/06 10:15 AM) Reply
I would have never considered this pattern without your review. You have a wonderful eye for design. Thanks for all your contributions.
OP Gal said... (7/22/06 10:10 AM) Reply
Once again, a wonderfully detailed review and beautiful garment. However, I will take exception to your description of yourself as Rubenesque. I wouldn't call you remotely Rubenesque, and believe me, I'm intimately acquainted with Rubenesque. :-)
meanjean said... (7/22/06 9:53 AM) Reply
This top is adorable! You've got a flair for creativity and it makes this top absolutely gorgeous.
Riordan said... (7/22/06 8:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse--impeccably made!! Your colors are always so great, too!
jbrewer said... (7/22/06 8:00 AM) Reply
This is so impressive! You really have quite a talent. Great job.
Vonnevo said... (7/22/06 6:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful Debra ! Wonderful use of fabric and design elements.
CarolynGM said... (7/22/06 6:54 AM) Reply
Well done. Very unique and interesting garment.
Danvillegirl said... (7/22/06 6:49 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt. I love the way you mixed up the directions of the stripes.
PixieCat said... (7/22/06 5:23 AM) Reply
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! It's amazing how you used the stripes to turn a very nice blouse into a visually stunning blouse. Your reviews are always so inspirational!
els said... (7/22/06 3:10 AM) Reply
Fabulous blouse and a great way of using the stripes.
Em's Summer said... (7/22/06 0:38 AM) Reply
Very nice use of stripes! And a great review, too!
Peggy L said... (7/21/06 11:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You did a great job on this. Great review.
Celeste said... (7/21/06 11:50 PM) Reply
I am so in love with your blouse! You and I must be very similarly shaped, as I find that when I do back darts they have to go way up like yours; also very narrow upper back, sway back, C-D bust....
Lori V said... (7/21/06 11:18 PM) Reply
Wow, great blouse, the stripes make it so much more interesting.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/21/06 11:07 PM) Reply
This looks lovely. The stripes addd so much more interest to this cute little pattern. You've done it again.
lmg said... (7/21/06 11:06 PM) Reply
Just beautiful...trying to psych myself to do a Marfy pattern. Thanks for the review
AliceB said... (7/21/06 10:47 PM) Reply
WOW, I love your use of stripes to set off various elements of the design increasing visual interest. Thanks :)
BjP said... (7/21/06 10:44 PM) Reply
Wow...fabulous shirt and most definitely unique. Very interesting use of stripes. This would be way too advanced for me, but I applaud your abilities. Just a marvelous looking shirt in every aspect!

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Dress Shirt Pattern