Pattern Reviews> Palmer Pletsch> 001 (Apron)

Reviewed by:Learn To Sew

About Learn To Sewstar
Member since: 4/12/05
Posted on:7/30/06 5:55 PM
Last Updated:6/26/08 7:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people    Off-topic by 1 people
BeckyC said... (7/31/06 11:10 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you're figuring out what needs to be changed to this pattern so it can work for you. If you make it again, please update your review so we can see the new one.
Tinka said... (7/31/06 8:06 PM) Reply
It is a beautiful color. I agree with the suggestion about a bib style apron, a separate top and bottom that are then sewn together might work better for you. I made a similar style to this for my sister, who is also full busted and she had a problem with the gaping at the top as well. There are some lovely vintage style apron patterns that might work better for you. Good luck!
Learn To Sew said... (7/31/06 6:29 PM) Reply
Thank you, Deepika for fixing the link.
Learn To Sew said... (7/31/06 12:17 PM) Reply
Hmm. I'll have to tell Deepika she linked it wrong for me. The photo is the correct one. I'll see what I can do about the link. It should be to Palmer/Pletsch and not to baby stuff. Thanks for letting me know.
PVA said... (7/31/06 11:03 AM) Reply
PVA said... (7/31/06 11:02 AM) Reply
Carol, I love the fabric! There's a couple of ideas for making the pattern work in these comments. Put it away for awhile & do other stuff, (Let the frustration fade away). Then, when you're thinking in terms of making holiday gifts maybe it will spark some ideas for you. Thanks for the review!
RuthieSews said... (7/31/06 3:12 AM) Reply
Your pattern photo links to a childs pattern, can you please correct to the real pattern. Thanks
BeckyC said... (7/30/06 9:41 PM) Reply
Your apron is so pretty! Don't give up on the pattern yet. Could it be that the top of the apron is just too wide for your upper chest? When you took pleats in the top you were narrowing the upper chest. Maybe you need to cut a smaller size. I have an apron like yours that I love to wear and the upper corners of the top (where the straps are sewn on) of the apron are directly above my bust point on my upper chest - no gapping. Experiment with some muslin if you want to keep using this pattern.
Darla in PA said... (7/30/06 8:11 PM) Reply
The apron looks very nice. Sorry, the pattern didn't work for you. From the discription that you're giving of the problem, it almost sounds like your looking for a bib instead of an apron. Try Wild Things it has an apron that you get to decide on the length, width, etc. Good luck finding a nice pattern.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/30/06 6:15 PM) Reply
So sorry you had such a rough time with this one. Do you have any idea why it gaps??? Is it too much fabric ????

The Technique of Underlining Garments