Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1101 (Free Blouse Fall 06/07)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:8/4/06 11:59 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 33 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

KateLoom said... (7/1/07 6:08 PM) Reply
Blouse aside...I think the photo itself is extremely cool.
CSM--Carla said... (9/28/06 2:22 PM) Reply
Hi Liana, got here from the sidebar picture--wanted to let you know that your work inspires me and makes me sigh. You always look so elegant. Thank you for sharing your work here. I also follow along at Artisan's Square. All the best to you. Carla
Liana said... (9/13/06 9:06 AM) Reply
sewforrabbi, Thank you, and yes, that's about right.
sewforabbi said... (9/12/06 2:46 PM) Reply
Just saw where you ordered the catalog and got the pattern free. How much was the shipping on the catalog. Am I looking at it right? The catalog is 15.00 and the shipping is 15.00. And yes all your shirts look great!
Danvillegirl said... (8/6/06 7:38 PM) Reply
As always, a stunning creation. Truly lovely fabric and now a beautiful blouse.
Liana said... (8/5/06 7:59 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much! How very kind you are. ReBecca, I found those buttons at JoAnn's. They're JHB brand.
Re Becca said... (8/5/06 7:23 PM) Reply
Where did you get those buttons!?! Those are so beautiful and they look great on your fabric. I like this and the other free shirt pattern as well, I have this cut out and I was just wondering what to do with those cuffs. Your solutions are great. Nice shirt!
VtMartha said... (8/5/06 11:46 AM) Reply
All are beautiful, Liana, but I especially like the chiffon blouse.
Ann Rowley said... (8/5/06 11:03 AM) Reply
Your final version is just lovely Liana. What a lot of trouble you are prepared to take to get just the result you want - congratulations!
carolynw said... (8/5/06 10:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful all three - as usual. Really love the chiffon cause those ar emy colors!! Great review.
CSY said... (8/5/06 10:35 AM) Reply
Liana, I am ordering the Marfy catalog today. My experience with Marfy is limited. I bought one and have it made up in muslin. I am terrifically impressed with the draft. Your blouses are gorgeous. I am going to try the bonding powder too! Thanks for another inspiring review.
madhatter said... (8/5/06 10:31 AM) Reply
so very elegant! absolutely awesome!
BeckyC said... (8/5/06 10:15 AM) Reply
This blouse is so elegant on you! I love the flattering collar and the way the blouse fits you so well.
Mary Stiefer said... (8/5/06 10:05 AM) Reply
What a great looking pattern. All three are nice but I, like you, think the last one is fabulous. The fit is perfect and i love the pattern on the fabric.
Stacy Sews said... (8/5/06 9:50 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Your blouses turned out so nice! I love version 3 the best.
Linda F said... (8/5/06 9:17 AM) Reply
Liana, absolutely stunning. What a beautiful blouse. This inspires me to check out this magazine.
Debbie Cook said... (8/5/06 9:10 AM) Reply
The last blouse is the most elegantly beautiful, IMO, but they are all very nice in different ways. I love the length on you. Definitely a "keeper" pattern for you now that you've worked out all the issues.
guillorypr said... (8/5/06 8:13 AM) Reply
Great job and lovely fabric!
mamakooz said... (8/5/06 8:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful!! Wonderful review.
kmouse said... (8/5/06 8:05 AM) Reply
Great review. I really love this style on you. I did not realize that Marfy had a catalog version of patterns so I will have to check it out.
Lori V said... (8/5/06 7:45 AM) Reply
Very pretty, Liana.
PhyllisC said... (8/5/06 7:15 AM) Reply
I love version 3 - that fabric is wonderful Liana.
blue mooney said... (8/5/06 6:47 AM) Reply
Another beautiful creation, Liana, and I so admire your perseverance in getting the fit just right.
Ronda Rae said... (8/5/06 6:27 AM) Reply
Inspiring. Love the fabric on the final garment. Thanks for posting this review.
Marita Kinnula said... (8/5/06 6:05 AM) Reply
You looks really good in this shirt, I love that fabric and your review is very helpful, thank you! Marita:-)
PixieCat said... (8/5/06 5:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse that is so flattering. Love the fabric!
CarolynGM said... (8/5/06 5:03 AM) Reply
You really nailed the fit on the last one. It's very flattering on you.
hongkongshopper said... (8/5/06 3:33 AM) Reply
Liana, lovely. I like the final one best. But being a teal girl, the first one is pretty cute as well. Love the cuffs! :)
jemgirlca said... (8/5/06 2:11 AM) Reply
Your blouses turned out really pretty. The colors of the 2 you wore were both flattering, too.
Vonnevo said... (8/5/06 2:00 AM) Reply
Fabulous as always Liana. I like all three always personalise your garments so beautifully.
patsijean said... (8/5/06 0:53 AM) Reply
Very nice, Liana. I love the fabric.
AliceB said... (8/5/06 0:26 AM) Reply
Liana, This is a stunning blouse. I find the print and light weight fabric particularly flattering for you. Your Marfy reviews inspired me to purchase and make a Burda with a similiar cuff treatment. Thank you for your very complete review.

Tessuti Lola Tee