Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Ikina Jacket (Ikina Jacket)

Reviewed by:PaulaM

What a pretty jacket!
LindsayT said... (10/22/08 11:47 AM) Reply
Great fabric combinations!
marthamyers said... (10/21/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Your review was so helpful. Would you mind posting the picture again? I'd love to see it.
Modiste Madness said... (8/24/06 11:21 AM) Reply
This is the best one I have seen. The combination of fabrics, placement, and construction were perfect.
PaulaM said... (8/24/06 7:44 AM) Reply
AppleC, Wooden Wanda is one of two that were cut from a sheet of plywood. The person who owns her twin didn't need two, so she sold me Wanda. Unfortunately I don't have the pattern or the name of who made her.
Leslie Bonner said... (8/23/06 3:54 PM) Reply
Wonderful choice of fabrics. Love that jacket!
Harriet Rogers said... (8/23/06 10:43 AM) Reply
Super-great looking. I love what you've done with this pattern: I certainly agree that it is a slimming look the way you've put it together. Beautiful top.
jewelea said... (8/22/06 11:48 PM) Reply
A creative use of pattern and color.
sew2little said... (8/22/06 3:17 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket--and kudos to your sister in law for choosing such a great fabric combo!
Sharon M said... (8/22/06 10:05 AM) Reply
Oooo, I love your jacket.
appleC said... (8/22/06 8:26 AM) Reply
Wow! I love the fabric combination. I just browsed your Yahoo album and think you are very good in coordinating colors and fabrics. That Wooden Wanda is so cute; is it cumtom made or can I buy something like that somewhere? Thanks.
PaulaM said... (8/22/06 8:07 AM) Reply
Snaffles, the complete outfit is shown in the next picture beside the one posted with a link. However, the pants look a little strange on Wooden Wanda. DebraH, thanks for suggesting the pic being on SW's Web site. I'll send it to them. LindaL, yep, that was me at the ASG Convention. I don't know about you, but I had tons of fun at the convention!
Lhan said... (8/22/06 5:34 AM) Reply
Looks great! I have dithered about getting this pattern, but you have me almost convinced.
Danvillegirl said... (8/22/06 5:33 AM) Reply
Paula, I think I met you at the ASG National Conference in DC. As soon as I saw this review and fabric, I realized I had seen it before, as I set next to you for breakfast and commented favorably on your outfit. I truly love the mix of fabric. I then went and bought the pattern that day.
Ann Smith said... (8/22/06 1:40 AM) Reply
Very cool. I love the fabrics and I agree that the eye is drawn in. I didn't even notice the outer contrast panels at first.
Debra H said... (8/21/06 11:29 PM) Reply
This jacket should be on the Sewing Workshop website in their gallery. Very lovely use of fabrics.
Lisa Laree said... (8/21/06 11:24 PM) Reply
Excellent idea for the side panels! That darker/lighter contrast really works here. Gorgeous fabric combos...thanks for sharing this!
snaffles said... (8/21/06 10:58 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. And I think you're right about the slimming effect. My eyes didn't even see the side panels at first glance. I like the length also. And I'd love to see the complete outfit.
mamacita said... (8/21/06 10:55 PM) Reply
This is a lovely and unique jacket. Kudos to you!

Kitschy Coo Mini Penny Pinafore