Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 134

Posted on:11/5/02 3:40 AM
Last Updated:11/6/02 1:18 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Margaret said... (4/13/10 12:17 PM) Reply
Sanibelle, thanks, glad you liked it! I was off PR for some time due to grad school and needed to fix my older review photos, glad it helped.
Sanibelle said... (4/11/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Margaret, thanks so much for fixing the photo link to your beautiful top! I love this pattern.
said... (11/6/02 12:32 PM) Reply
I do sew a fair amount of vintage and ethnic patterns, but I make lots of others too. Vintage clothes especially are not always as comfortable to wear. Right now I'm going through my list of finished projects and just got to all the Folkwear ones first. I really like their patterns... if that wasn't obvious. ;-) They've gone in and out of print in the past, and most of my patterns are older ones. The current company has made some new patterns that I haven't tried, so I don't know if they are comparable to the others. They do look like they have fewer sizes, as in S-M-L instead of the numeric sizes.
said... (11/6/02 5:13 AM) Reply
Margret, thanks for your reviews of the Folkwear patterns. I like all of them, but this is the one I like best. You did a great job. Do you sew mainly vintage and ethnic style patterns? I like these styles very much, but I find some of them are difficult to wear as “everyday clothes”
said... (11/6/02 0:57 AM) Reply
Coming right up... actually it could take me a little while because I might have more pictures than usual.
said... (11/5/02 7:03 PM) Reply
Margaret, thanks for reviewing this pattern. I have it in my stash, but have been a little afraid of it! I'm having a hard time envisioning the kind of fabric I want for the Thai blouse, which is the garment I bought it for. Your review has given me ideas! Thanks. Any chance of seeing pictures?

Butterick B4976