Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5103 (Kimono Jacket)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/6/02 4:33 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
said... (11/8/02 2:24 PM) Reply
I've avoided L. Hinse patterns, even though people rave about them, because I don't think they'd look good on my body type, and I've heard they run small. I am going to try the Kimono jacket, as the style is just so interesting, simple, and flattering. Your sewing is beautiful, Ann! I always enjoy reading your reviews.
said... (11/6/02 6:06 PM) Reply
This is a lovely version of the jacket; looks great on you too! Nan
said... (11/6/02 2:40 PM) Reply
Ann, I am also inspired to cut into my Kimono jacket. I have some "Persian Lamb" that I washed and is very soft and drapey. Maybe that will work. Thank you for your informative review and the heads up on the shoulder /arm.
said... (11/6/02 11:37 AM) Reply
Ann, this is so elegant on you!
said... (11/6/02 11:14 AM) Reply
This looks so nice. I think you wear this to a Christmas party or other semi-formal event.
said... (11/6/02 10:53 AM) Reply
This jacket is on my wish list. I don't usually wear jackets but I love the way this one looks. Thanks so much for your informative review.
said... (11/6/02 10:32 AM) Reply
Ann, the collar doesn't really roll. the photo of the short version is not really informative, because the way the model is posed distorts the hang of the jacket. The collar stands up a bit at the back of the neck, but lies flat in front. I forget how many of these I have made, but all looked better when cut with a smaller size in the sleeves and shoulders. Yours is very elegant-like a vintage "smoking jacket."
said... (11/6/02 5:37 AM) Reply
Ann, I like your pattern choices very much. Your jacket is gorgeous and you wear it very well. It is on the top of my wish list now, together with the french country dress.

Sure-Fit Designs Pants Kit