Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1041

Posted on:9/19/06 10:46 PM
Last Updated:9/19/06 10:46 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
milwaukee_kelly said... (9/25/06 9:42 AM) Reply
Very nice looking jacket! I love that collar.
hongkongshopper said... (9/20/06 8:50 PM) Reply
Love the pattern! You did a great job. Can't wait for the "real" version.
Re Becca said... (9/20/06 5:13 PM) Reply
Cool, this one is on my must order list! I also have sewn a Marfy jacket with saddle sleeves and I had to fiddle with the fit by maybe 3/8 inch total to keep the wrinkles out, and I didn't put in shoulder pads. You did and awesome job, especially in stretch corduroy! The fabric would scare me more than the pattern! Welcome to the Marfy bandwagon...
maryfrana said... (9/20/06 12:58 PM) Reply
You are so brave and the results are wonderful. I have yet to take the Marfy plunge but your review inspire me.
Donna H said... (9/20/06 11:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful results and WITHOUT directions??? Sheesh, you guys amaze me!
OP Gal said... (9/20/06 11:12 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket. Thanks for the review. Maybe I'll reach the Marfy level some day.
lmg said... (9/20/06 11:03 AM) Reply
Can anyone help me. I put in the shoulder pads, but I still have some wrinkles there in the right shoulder. Could I have one shoulder higher than the other? I usually adjust for my narrow and swayback which usually result in a good shoulder fit.
cindyann said... (9/20/06 10:02 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket! I've been meaning to take the Marfy plunge. Glad to know it went together so well.
SBanks said... (9/20/06 9:48 AM) Reply
Really nice! Looks really great in the corduroy. I'm going to have to add some Marfy's to my list of patterns to make.
touran said... (9/20/06 8:59 AM) Reply
How very beautiful. These patterns are really worth the effort, and your jacket just looks great.
Kay Y said... (9/20/06 8:25 AM) Reply
If there is one Marfy pattern in the book that I want, this is the one, so your review is timely. The jacket looks really good and I hope you get to the wool one soon, with pictures for us.
Stacy Sews said... (9/20/06 8:14 AM) Reply
Your jacket is so beautiful!
squirrellypoo said... (9/20/06 7:13 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I'm intimidated by Marfy but you've made me realise that I just did a very similar WOF jacket and I hardly even looked at those instructions so it's probably not as big a leap as I think...
Nancy K said... (9/20/06 6:43 AM) Reply
I bought the pattern book but haven't taken the 'plunge' yet, so I read every Marfy review with great interest. The jacket looks flattering and fits well the shoulder pads should make it perfect. What are your usual adjustments?
Ingiepops said... (9/20/06 3:02 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks amazing, you must be very pleased! Great to hear Marfy patterns are so well drafted. One day I will take the plunge and try one!
Levone said... (9/19/06 11:52 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket!
CarolynD said... (9/19/06 11:37 PM) Reply
I have been looking at Marfy patterns. Your jacket looks cute, I think it is a very nice look. Very stylish. Good job. It is amazing what you know when you are forced to figure it out. Wow Marfy just assumes that its customers really know what they are doing! Do you just throw on an extra half inch when you cut in all areas?
The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

All About Linings
All About Linings

StyleArc Trixi Knit Wrap Dress

by: DD1104

by: bindurk

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Christine Jonson Bell Sleeve Wrap & A-Line Skirt