J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Onion> 1029 (Cardigan for knits)

Viewed 1992 times

Last Updated:12/6/06 10:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Sweater knit fabrics

sherry pete said... (12/12/06 4:42 PM) Reply
I love the fabric --- and with that pattern---perfect!
morzel said... (12/8/06 2:39 AM) Reply
Wow, that looks great! I just love that casual look of the jacket, length is great! I do have that pattern here but didnīt get around to sewing it yet... That will have to change! I think this version without collar better than this huge collar you had on the last cardigan.
Modiste Madness said... (12/6/06 9:41 PM) Reply
I covet your sweator knit. It is a perfect match for the pattern. It is so nice that your evil twin counts sewing skills amongst her other fine qualities.
BeckyC said... (12/6/06 8:20 PM) Reply
I love the look of this jacket. The fabric is perfect for this style.
CarolynGM said... (12/6/06 7:05 PM) Reply
So who is modeling the lovely cardigan? Is it Maria or is it Belinda?
frame said... (12/6/06 2:37 PM) Reply
Your fabric is beautiful. Your cardigan looks great.
Erica B. said... (12/6/06 2:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful cardigan... that fabric is gorgeous!
Kay Y said... (12/6/06 1:31 PM) Reply
Hmmm - after that information about Belinda I am so curious to see her wearing this (hehe). Seriously, this is a great-looking casual cardigan!
Nancywin said... (9/25/06 10:15 PM) Reply
Great Swap page! I need to get more organized... I love the cardigan; I think you'll be happier with it iin a more substantial knit. The color looks great on my computer, and it looks like it fits into your swap plan perfectly.
mrspenguin said... (9/25/06 11:48 AM) Reply
The sweater has "lovely bones" and I can see where you might like a heavier knit that would speak more highly of the beautiful lines. Despite that, it is a pretty piece. It's a seamstress's bane to be critical about stuff no one else will ever notice! I love the SWAP plan. I'm so impressed.
milwaukee_kelly said... (9/25/06 9:53 AM) Reply
OMG! I love your SWAP page. I like the cardigan -- kinda plain, but it could calm down some loud pants or camisole underneath.
MariaDenmark said... (9/24/06 4:09 PM) Reply
Thank you all! bunz - I think you're right. The top button should have been just a little bit higher... Must do better next time :-)
Sue - The Missoni knit is rather thick (and bulky). I've left out the darts and think I might need to use some of the added seam allowance, but I think it'll work out good!
drsue said... (9/24/06 3:41 PM) Reply
I think it looks very nice. I hadn't even consered getting this one; now I might. Do you think it would work in a bulky knit?
maryfrana said... (9/24/06 1:42 PM) Reply
This is a great looking cardigan. Much more stylish than the KS one I made last year. Love the Missoni knit fabric too.
bunz said... (9/24/06 1:39 PM) Reply
What a great pattern, Maria. Just looking at it, I wonder if the buttons start a bit low. The fit looks perfect.
SarahWeb said... (9/24/06 9:59 AM) Reply
Maria, I like your sweater and I like your swap page. You've inspired me to try some Onion patterns. I will enjoy checking back and seeing your finished swap garments. Keep on sewing!
CarolynGM said... (9/24/06 7:35 AM) Reply
I like the lines of this cardigan -- it's anything but boring. Good luck on the next two.
blue mooney said... (9/24/06 7:24 AM) Reply
I guess one person's 'boring' is another person's 'elegant' - I think you have an elegant cardigan!
Ronda Rae said... (9/24/06 7:24 AM) Reply
Love the Missoni sweater knit- it'll look great! Can't wait to see it.

SewBaby Zippy Bunting Pattern