Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4366 (Threads Pants)

Reviewed by:Sew it seams

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Mary Nanna said... (9/9/08 9:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing the fit of these trousers in so much detail - I am thinking of making them so it's good to see how they really look from all angles.
Kulfi said... (5/29/08 1:52 AM) Reply
Wow! They look great on you!
Heatherrique said... (3/14/07 5:25 PM) Reply
Wow! A pair of pants that fit and look great! You did a fantastic job with your pants! They look great on you!
Linda G said... (1/13/07 3:08 PM) Reply
I have such a heck of time sometimes with pants patterns that have no shape and I have to shape the legs...this pattern looks like the shaping was already done which sometimes Simplicity has forgotten to do with their older pattern,,,I was searching for a review on this pattern...you have me sold patterns are 1.99 at JoAnn. I am on my way!!!!
SarahWeb said... (10/13/06 10:37 PM) Reply
What a great fit and a wonderful pair of pants. Congratulations on your weight loss. It's fun to replace things with smaller sizes!
BettyMike said... (10/11/06 2:50 PM) Reply
What a great looking pair of pants. I'm so jealous, mine didn't fit that good.
ConnieBJ said... (10/10/06 9:58 PM) Reply
Those are really gorgeous!
Sewnla said... (10/10/06 7:28 PM) Reply
What a great looking pants, you did a fantastic job.
Ciclista said... (10/10/06 5:59 PM) Reply
WOW!! - inexpensive fabric, almost no alterations and not a lot of pants sewing experience. You're livng my dream. These look incredible on you. I'm picking up this pattern tomorrow; that is if it isn't sold out of every store due to your great review :)
jnamcd said... (10/10/06 4:03 PM) Reply
Oh, I agree with everyone else--what a great pair of pants! I might have to snag that pattern up, too!
frame said... (10/10/06 3:32 PM) Reply
These look great.
Karen6790 said... (10/10/06 2:48 PM) Reply
This pattern has been sitting for a while. I think it just got up out of the stash, hopped across the workroom and pulled down that black fabric I've been saving for the "perfect" pant. You've sewn a winner there. They look beautiful.
Skymom said... (10/10/06 2:40 PM) Reply
Wow, do these look great on you. Nice work. I have this pattern, too, and will break it out for sure next time I need dress pants. As for pressing the creases, I've read that you press the front creases up to the bottom of the front dart (if there is one--I guess to the pleat if the pants are pleated), and the back up to the crotch level. However, Burda front darts, for example, are farther away from CF than US patterns' darts, and I suspect the crease wouldn't line up with them. So stopping the crease just at or above the crotch sounds sensible.
Lee-Lee said... (10/10/06 1:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit and a great looking final product. Thanks for the review.
Jan B. said... (10/10/06 1:18 PM) Reply
One can only repeat the accolades you've gotten--FABULOUS FIT!!!
cecelia said... (10/10/06 12:44 PM) Reply
You got a really nice fit on these pants--they look great on you!
SouthernStitch said... (10/10/06 12:34 PM) Reply
Wow I'm impressed with this fit! They look so good. Great review, too.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (10/10/06 12:23 PM) Reply
WOW fabulously fitting pants.Will definitely have to get this pattern. Will be a classic basic to make time and again.
j222b said... (10/10/06 11:52 AM) Reply
RE:"pressing the center crease before sewing seams" Ruth Oblander in "Slacks That Fit" (good book!!) says, "Press the crease in the front leg to 1 inch above crotch line." For the back she says, "Press back crease" but does not give further illustrations or instructions on the back leg crease.
Harriet Rogers said... (10/10/06 11:52 AM) Reply
I echo the others: these look great on you: the fit is super-successful. Don't ever lose this pattern!
Moxie said... (10/10/06 11:06 AM) Reply
Wow, your pants look great! Excellent fit.
Elona said... (10/10/06 10:43 AM) Reply
Lovely. You say you don't have much experience with pant-sewing, but it sure looks as though you've got it knocked!
cindyann said... (10/10/06 9:35 AM) Reply
That is just about the most perfect pair of pants I've seen. You did a wonderful job and you are so lucky they fit so well without alterations. I must try this pattern, but I'm sure I'll need some alterations in the back crotch curve.
Leslie in Austin said... (10/10/06 9:17 AM) Reply
Wow!!! Those look *perfect*!!
Sew it seams said... (10/10/06 9:06 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your kind comments! Nancywin, I think I will make a matching jacket and I'll even have enough left to make a jacket and pants for my mom who has lost over 60 lbs.
Mary Stiefer said... (10/10/06 8:57 AM) Reply
What a great looking pair of pants. Muslim - HAH. These look fabulous and such a deal on the fabric.
Erica B. said... (10/10/06 8:52 AM) Reply
I've just recently purchased this pattern. They look fabulous on you, such a flattering fit! Thanks for a great review!
carolynw said... (10/10/06 8:33 AM) Reply
These look terrific - and straight out of the envelope with no alterations - I would say you have a definite winner here!!
ACB said... (10/10/06 8:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful job, excellent fit!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (10/10/06 8:01 AM) Reply
Congratulations on losing weight! Your pants look GREAT on you!! And, with little alterations!! This pattern's a keeper for you, eh! Rhonda
sewingfordolls said... (10/10/06 7:52 AM) Reply
Wow great job...great fit and they look fabulous on you...
Debbie Cook said... (10/10/06 7:24 AM) Reply
Very nice! I like the color a lot too.
ryan's mom said... (10/10/06 7:14 AM) Reply
Those pants looks fabulous! What a great job you did on them--awesome fit!!
Danvillegirl said... (10/10/06 7:00 AM) Reply
Nice fitting pair of pants.
jbrewer said... (10/10/06 6:56 AM) Reply
What a beautiful pair of trousers! Excellent fit and the fabric looks great. I have this pattern in my stash but have never tried it. You sure motivated me to give it a look.
Vonnevo said... (10/10/06 6:48 AM) Reply
Fabulous fit !
Skye said... (10/10/06 2:14 AM) Reply
Fantastic - a great pair of pants first go! thanks for the review
KathleenS said... (10/10/06 1:59 AM) Reply
They look great. I must get this pattern.
christine A said... (10/10/06 1:24 AM) Reply
These looke awsome on you! Thanks for the review. I hope to make a pair soon too!
Nancywin said... (10/10/06 1:00 AM) Reply
excellent fit on your pants - they look great! With all that extra fabric you could make a matching jacket!
CarolynD said... (10/10/06 0:39 AM) Reply
Wow- These slacks look tremendous on you. Great fit. A winner!
Mermie said... (10/10/06 0:28 AM) Reply
Wow, your pants fit you beautifully. Great job.
Shelia in Alaska said... (10/10/06 0:24 AM) Reply
These look amazing on you. I think you did a wonderful job on this pant and it fits rather well right out of the package it seems. I've looked at these several times in my stash, but have yet to try it. I think I will see how well they do for me. Wonderful review!

by: Sew tell m...