Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4463 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Rustybobn

About Rustybobnstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:10/12/06 8:39 AM
Last Updated:10/12/06 8:59 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Annette1 said... (3/10/07 3:21 PM) Reply
What a GREAT review -- not to mention jacket! I especially like your brown striped version. I've contemplated this pattern several times myself. Yours are just lovely. Thanks!
kathi s said... (10/14/06 10:57 PM) Reply
Thank you for the informative review and for the references! I love your jacket!
Lisa Laree said... (10/13/06 8:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for taking all the time to link up all that info; I'm too lazy to do that most of the time, so I do appreciate it when someone else does! Your fit perseverence is inspiring... ;)
Patzee said... (10/13/06 3:38 PM) Reply
Terrific Review!
dreamdesigner said... (10/13/06 12:21 PM) Reply
Rusty, Thanks for all the informative links! VEry nice jacket.
OP Gal said... (10/13/06 11:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I love what you did with the stripes. Thanks, too, for the Nancy Zieman collar technique.
Rustybobn said... (10/13/06 7:58 AM) Reply
Thanks! I have a hard time remembering where certain things are on-line. It's good to have them listed in a lot of places!
Karla Kizer said... (10/13/06 7:46 AM) Reply
Excellent review. I spent last evening tracing a pattern for a labcoat, and thought I'd skip the adjustment for a rounded back (it's only a labcoat, for heaven's sake.). You've changed my mind. Your jacket looks superb and your alterations really "kicked it up a notch".
jbrewer said... (10/13/06 6:31 AM) Reply
Awesome review! I have this pattern, and I have the same posture problems. Thank you so much for putting this all togther.
CarolynGM said... (10/13/06 6:09 AM) Reply
Thanks --- very useful details on the alterations you made. I'm impressed with the effort you exerted to get your jacket to fit you just the way you wanted.
SBanks said... (10/13/06 5:00 AM) Reply
I like the details you gave us! You're right - after all the fitting work, the next ones are a breeze!
artist1lisa said... (10/12/06 9:51 PM) Reply
Wonderful review.The jacket looks great.
Aixoise said... (10/12/06 4:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review - very helpful and informative with the illustrations and links.
Lori V said... (10/12/06 3:52 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket, thanks for a very informative review.
Erica B. said... (10/12/06 12:16 PM) Reply
Nice jacket, thanks for the great review.
sewingfordolls said... (10/12/06 10:09 AM) Reply
I love the look of your jacket and the effort you put into it is very inspiring. Oh and thanks for the links to the very informative articles...when I grow up I want to be as good as you...LOL that's just a joke...I'm an old lady.
mastdenman said... (10/12/06 9:44 AM) Reply
That's a great list of alteration sources. I've been looking for the NMSU one for several days. I always like your creations.
christine A said... (10/12/06 9:26 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this detailed review. I am a novice garment sewer and this info is like gold to me.

by: JustineSew...