Pattern Reviews> Other> 9332 (Marian Martin (1965))

Reviewed by:Sew it seams

About Sew it seamsstarstar
Member since: 7/15/03
Posted on:10/15/06 7:23 PM
Last Updated:10/15/06 9:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
AnneM said... (9/13/08 5:04 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress. I really like this simple, elegant style.
nancia said... (1/2/07 9:39 PM) Reply
great dress. simple and graceful. looks good on you. inspirational. thanks for the extra shots of your workings. its a great help.
mudcat said... (10/16/06 11:45 PM) Reply
This is just lovely. And very flattering on you.
meanjean said... (10/16/06 11:12 PM) Reply

meanjean said... (10/16/06 11:11 PM) Reply
Wowy kapowy! This is a gorgeous dress. Just goes to show what choosing the perfect fabric for the style can do for a lovely outcome.
Elemenopeo said... (10/16/06 9:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful. THanks for the step by steps.
Sherril Miller said... (10/16/06 8:21 PM) Reply
That pattern sewed up beautifully in the knit. It really shows off your great figure and those insets are quite slimming. Maybe they'd work for me?
Sew it seams said... (10/16/06 3:58 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the encouraging comments. DrSue, I am leaving town for a couple of days, but when I get back I'll post this pin basting method in the tips.
Sanibelle said... (10/16/06 3:57 PM) Reply
Your dress looks beautiful on you. Thank you so much for such an informative review.
linda 75142 said... (10/16/06 1:34 PM) Reply
This dress is beautiful!
milwaukee_kelly said... (10/16/06 10:16 AM) Reply
Oooh. This is so nice. You waited for the right pattern for this fabric!
cindyann said... (10/16/06 10:08 AM) Reply
Lovely! Thank you so much for the great review.
drsue said... (10/16/06 10:04 AM) Reply
Terrific dress. Looks right up to the minute. Your tutorial on pin basting/easing is wonderful as well. Maybe you should/could put that in it's own tip.
Danvillegirl said... (10/16/06 8:26 AM) Reply
Really like the look of the princess inset. Thank you for sharing the method.
priscilla said... (10/16/06 8:05 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this dress.Your topstitching is perfection!
OP Gal said... (10/16/06 7:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and wonderful detailed review. Thank you. I've never seen that exact method for joining eased fabrics, but I'm going to try it. You look fabulous in the dress, BTW.
Leslie in Austin said... (10/16/06 7:14 AM) Reply
Very very pretty and so flattering! Love the topstitching detail you added.
ryan's mom said... (10/16/06 6:55 AM) Reply
Great dress! And it flatters your figure beautifully.
CarolynD said... (10/16/06 0:20 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress. It is very flattering. I use your method for set in sleeves too, I never tried making gathers, I would be afraid up picking up the gathers in a stitch. I think the pinning method makes it easier to ease, too. I think your fabric choice makes this dress look fantastic. It is so interesting to see good patterns reinterpreted to look so up to the minute.
memmy said... (10/16/06 0:06 AM) Reply
Its lovely . The match of that pattern and that fabric is perfect. I will print out this advice re fitting two curves togther and file it for sure . Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
Mary Stiefer said... (10/15/06 11:14 PM) Reply
What a beautifully flattering pattern. Thx for your description on putting these pieces together. Great job.
Christina Sonja said... (10/15/06 10:52 PM) Reply
The dress looks great on you. I especially want to thank you for the in-progress pics you included. I have a vintage pattern with similar curved seams but I gave up after attempting a muslin. I'll have to give it another try now that I can refer to your very nice explanation & photos of how you pin-basted the curved seams.
PegL said... (10/15/06 10:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Great review! Thanks for all the extra photos and tips!
Sew it seams said... (10/15/06 10:00 PM) Reply
OK! Links are all on my PR album. I'm sorry about all the trouble!.
otis said... (10/15/06 9:42 PM) Reply
I'm not seeing any of you links, I'm on AOL which I'm not overly pleased with... so Yahoo may not play well with AOL or vis versa
Sew it seams said... (10/15/06 8:45 PM) Reply
Aixoise, I'm sorry you can't see my links. They are working on my computer- if anyone else can't see the links, I'll transfer them all to my PR photo album.
Aixoise said... (10/15/06 8:38 PM) Reply
I'm truly curious and would like to see your dress and process, but I can't seem to get any of the links to work.
Sew it seams said... (10/15/06 8:22 PM) Reply
I think I have fixed my links Irina. I'm not sure I like the new Yahoo photo site as well as the old one!
LauraTS said... (10/15/06 8:08 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous - I love the look of Marian Martin patterns.
CarolynGM said... (10/15/06 8:07 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely. Your pin basting information is excellent. Several of your links, however, aren't working, so I can't see all of your illustrations.
solosmocker said... (10/15/06 7:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and very flattering.

Understanding Interfacings