Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Other> Yamamoto free pattern (Jacket/Shrug)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05

Posted on:10/17/06 12:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
tlmck3 said... (10/22/06 10:56 PM) Reply
View B is definitely a Keeper. I'm not so sure about View A, but it does remind me of the early 80s Japanese designs. Your lining is so scrumptuous and the green is such a wonderful, unexpected color with the grey.
moss said... (10/18/06 3:12 PM) Reply
HOT! that looks really good. :)
j222b said... (10/18/06 2:22 PM) Reply
Love this. If you go to Nieman Marcus and do a search for cocoon sweter, several will come up. Nice. http://www.neimanmarcus.com:80/store/catalog/47/search.jhtml?ip_state=&ip_autoSummarize=true&ip_perPage=15&orgUrl=%2Fstore%2Fcatalog%2F47%2Fsearch.jhtml&srcText=cocoon+sweater&x=0&y=0
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (10/18/06 12:38 PM) Reply
Love the look. I'm not a shy dresser, so this one may be for me! Thanks.
Nancy K said... (10/18/06 8:47 AM) Reply
Great! What a fab and current look. It really shows how fashion foward some designers really are.
lmg said... (10/17/06 11:37 PM) Reply
What an original project! It's beautiful. I personally prefer View B . Congrats on figuring this out. And I thought Marfy was a challenge
milwaukee_kelly said... (10/17/06 5:52 PM) Reply
I just looked at this last night. I have the pattern printed out, but haven't worked up the juice to figure it out. Yours looks great, and the link to line drawing will be really helpful when I finally decide to do it!
Sanibelle said... (10/17/06 4:25 PM) Reply
I have the 56 pages sitting on a shelf, waiting to be taped together. Yes, the large sheets would have been a wise investment ;) Thank you so much for the Crafster link. Both versions look great on you. You've motivated me to go get the tape!
Rhoda K said... (10/17/06 3:51 PM) Reply
View B is a definite yes. It looks great on you.
Erica B. said... (10/17/06 12:53 PM) Reply
Saw this on craftser... very nice!
JulieT said... (10/17/06 12:53 PM) Reply
I personally absolutely LOVE the way View B looks on you! It looks fitted..Very Nice! I don't really care for view A at all...looks ill fitting and overly large. JMO
sewfun4me said... (10/17/06 12:52 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! I have this pattern downloaded a couple of years ago. I think it is time for me to make it.
Christina Sonja said... (10/17/06 12:49 PM) Reply
Your garment looks great, and the look is very current. I like that you added a lining. Thanks for the Craftster link, too.

by: quixoticpi...