Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4280 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:BeckyC

About BeckyCstar
Member since: 5/8/04
Posted on:12/1/06 9:36 AM
Last Updated:12/1/06 9:42 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 34 people

Other Projects by BeckyC using this Pattern

Sharon M said... (9/24/07 2:28 PM) Reply
I *knew* I remembered seeing a review using this fabric from you. I just purchased something similar to this from Mill End Textiles in Crystal. I loved your jacket when I first read the review and when I saw that denim I quickly purchased some so I too could make a jacket. Boy, it sure is messy to work with!
AnneM said... (12/2/06 3:34 PM) Reply
When I 1st looked at the picture, I thought it was a sweater knit! What a neat jacket, and congrats on finishing it by your deadline. (ETA: I guess I'm not the only one fooled on the fabric in the picture.)
Elemenopeo said... (12/2/06 2:06 PM) Reply
This is a cool jacket and fits you so well.
seams_sew said... (12/2/06 8:38 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. I saw that fabric at the store and loved it. Thanks for a great review.
Danvillegirl said... (12/2/06 7:20 AM) Reply
Really neat looking jacket! Love the fabric choice and the results. You did agreat job!
2BSewing said... (12/1/06 10:17 PM) Reply
Becky...your jacket is beautiful! I love the fabric. You did a great job. Thanks for a wonderful review and providing pictures. :)
Rhoda K said... (12/1/06 9:58 PM) Reply
I've never heard of distressed denim, but what a neat jacket. Just gorgeous.
ryan's mom said... (12/1/06 9:57 PM) Reply
What a great jacket!!! It looks terrific with that unique fabric!
ryan's mom said... (12/1/06 9:56 PM) Reply
What a great jacket!!! It looks terrific with that unique fabric!
Sharon M said... (12/1/06 9:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Very cool fabric and the collar treatment is fab. I thought I saw you at the Mpls expo. And darn...I can't believe I passed on buying some of this denim!
CarolynGM said... (12/1/06 8:19 PM) Reply
When I opened up your picture, after I admired the lovely jacket shape, I became intrigued with the fabric. I was so surprised when I read that it was denim! The way you frayed the collar edges is just wonderful. The extra pains you took on interfacing and lining and stabilizing really paid off in a lovely jacket.
Debbie Cook said... (12/1/06 6:12 PM) Reply
Very cool fabric! I didn't realize it was denim until I read the review. Great jacket on you!!
KarenP said... (12/1/06 5:36 PM) Reply
Cute jacket! This looks like a great pattern.
carolynw said... (12/1/06 5:11 PM) Reply
I really like this - it's my kind of jacket style. Your fabric is fantastic. Thanks for such a helpful review
Sew4Fun said... (12/1/06 5:10 PM) Reply
What an unusual jacket and fabric. Great job.
EmmyNel said... (12/1/06 3:06 PM) Reply
It is a thrill to see my fellow ASG member and friend posting her great jacket on pattern review -- and I remember the gown the lining material made first. The fit is great -- can't wait to see it at neighborhood group.
ACB said... (12/1/06 3:03 PM) Reply
Love your jacket! Your fabric choice is great.
touran said... (12/1/06 2:22 PM) Reply
I'd never have guessed that was a denim fabric. It looks textured and snuggly. The jacket looks great on you.
Vonnevo said... (12/1/06 2:00 PM) Reply
Becky, your prior preparation and planning really paid off with this beautiful, eye catching jacket. I too thought it was a knit or boucle, it's fabulous. Thank you for detailing your sewing journey, it will help anyone else immensely.
Carolyndh said... (12/1/06 1:48 PM) Reply
Like some others I thought the fabric was boucle or sweater knit! Denim looks fantastic this way! I love the effect you have created here.
cecelia said... (12/1/06 1:48 PM) Reply
I really like the jacket--it fits you perfectly and sounds like a dream to wear--never would've guessed it's denim though.
Dale C said... (12/1/06 1:32 PM) Reply
What a great pattern for playing with. Simple, classic, and quick. I love the way yours came out and I'll look forward to seeing the changes you make to it.
Janime said... (12/1/06 1:06 PM) Reply
Cool jacket!
Erica B. said... (12/1/06 12:39 PM) Reply
Great jacket!
Pinkytoo said... (12/1/06 12:05 PM) Reply
I LOVE IT!! I'm now thinking of making one with a zip front, thanks for the review!
Donna H said... (12/1/06 11:43 AM) Reply
WOW, your jacket looks great! When I first saw the thumbnail I thought it was a sweater knit type fabric. Denim!! Just fabulous. I want to sew as great as you do!!! Very very nice. Thanks for all the details. Your drafting and muslins paid off and encourge me to do the same.
Laurie Lou said... (12/1/06 11:31 AM) Reply
Hi Becky, I saw the fabric at the expo and you did a beatiful jacket with it! Looks like ColdwaterCreek! Very professional. Excellent review. Thanks for taking the time to detail. I learned a lot from you. Could you tell me which sewing guild you belong to? I am from Bloomington and want to learn to sew like you! , Laurie
mkhpaintsew said... (12/1/06 10:59 AM) Reply
Great jacket. It fits so nicely and the fabric is wonderful.
Mermie said... (12/1/06 10:37 AM) Reply
I love your jacket and your review is excellent. The fabric is gorgeous.
sewbehind said... (12/1/06 10:23 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket. The fabric looks very dressy on the picture.(I know you wanted casual) Was surprised to find out it was distressed denim. Cool jacket/cool fabric.
Nickle said... (12/1/06 10:14 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket- looks great on you. I love the fabric.
pterion said... (12/1/06 10:11 AM) Reply
I love love love this jacket! The unusual fabric, the tweaking to get the perfect fit, the's perfect. Can't wait to see it in embroidered microsuede!
suzanrossi said... (12/1/06 10:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful! The pattern adjusting knowledge you have acquired is undoubtably one reason this jacket is so becoming!
ValerieJ said... (12/1/06 9:58 AM) Reply
I am so impressed with all the alterations you made on this jacket and the time you took to think through all of the little details. Hard to believe this was a "simple" project for you!

Sense & Sensibility Elegant Lady's Closet