Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 09-2006-410 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Kathi R

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 22 people

Sweater knit fabrics

threadbearer said... (8/1/07 9:37 PM) Reply
Thankyou for your review and for the great idea about cutting the side pieces on the bias!
Elaray said... (3/7/07 11:05 AM) Reply
I just finished a wearable muslin of this pattern. I wish I'd seen your review first. I love the idea of the DPC placket. When I make the "real shirt" I'll have to remeber to do that.
artist1lisa said... (12/5/06 9:03 AM) Reply
I realy like this shirt.It looks so professional and smart.The stripe detail is a great designer move.You did a fantastic job.
KiwiWendy said... (12/3/06 4:52 PM) Reply
Love your shirt ... and the multi fabric muslin is really helpful to see all the design lines
Helen near Sydney said... (12/2/06 10:00 PM) Reply
Wow, inspirational stuff. I know what you mean about special design lines for plus sizes, thanks for a great review.
Helen near Sydney said... (12/2/06 9:52 PM) Reply
beangirl said... (12/2/06 8:33 PM) Reply
So classy! I love your blouse, it looks wonderful! Ok, next time you WILL model it yourself, right? Right.
Kathi R said... (12/2/06 6:35 PM) Reply
Good catch on the date of the issue -- I guessed since I can't read the magazine I'm working from the website doesn't indicate the date of the current issue.
SueV said... (12/2/06 4:34 PM) Reply
Very nice Kathi, you did a great job. Love the way you did the stripes and the buttons too! Thanks for sharing
LauraTS said... (12/2/06 1:56 PM) Reply
Oops, double post
LauraTS said... (12/2/06 1:10 PM) Reply
I love the side panels on the bias with stripes, looks really together. Re Burda Plus - I thought they only did 2 issues a year, neither in December...?
Debbie Cook said... (12/2/06 11:32 AM) Reply
I love this!! And I am SO copying it. It was already on my list, but I really like it with the stripes.
cecelia said... (12/2/06 10:18 AM) Reply
Nice styling in the shirt for plus sizes, and I love your muslin--there is a use for my scraps!
krystalkaes said... (12/2/06 9:20 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. Excellent work on the blouse. Also, thank you for posting the picture of your muslin. I just had a "why haven't I thought of that??" moment.
blue mooney said... (12/2/06 7:42 AM) Reply
What a nice shirt! This is a great basic-with-a-twist pattern. I love the way you handled those stripes.
Caitycat said... (12/2/06 7:32 AM) Reply
Mmmm, my copy of Burda Plus came today, and I'm convinced that this shirt is a must-sew! You're so right - it's fantastic to see a plus pattern with real style lines and flattering curves.
Danvillegirl said... (12/2/06 7:27 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse. Really like the look of the style.
Ruth C said... (12/2/06 0:59 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing this--I'm planning to sew this after I get the Christmas stuff done. Your blouse is lovely! By the way: did you have to do any kind of full bust adjustment? I usually need one and have been trying to figure out how to do it on this pattern.
KarmenG said... (12/2/06 0:56 AM) Reply
Great job with the stripes! Your blouse looks fabulous, and the sleeve placket is very crisp and precise. And I like the button placement. Congrats! Like you, I feel those pattern lines can be overwhelming but it looks like you mastered the process.
Sherril Miller said... (12/1/06 11:50 PM) Reply
This one is on my list too. Did you have to do many alterations? I'd love to see you wearing it as the magazine never shows it very well on the model. Why I can't figure out. Yours looks great.
Carolyndh said... (12/1/06 11:34 PM) Reply
Very classy! I have had my eye on this one too--glad that it really looks as great as it does in the magazine. Great job!
OP Gal said... (12/1/06 10:52 PM) Reply
Wow! Great looking final project. Wonderful use of the stripes. I saw where you had made the muslin and was glad to see that this pattern fit well. I can't wait to make myself. Thanks for the detailed review. I didn't realize it had a sleeve placket, though...gulp!
Vonnevo said... (12/1/06 10:13 PM) Reply
Kathi this is a masterpiece !! Definitely has that top end style. First the Burda jeans and now the Burda WOF blouse. I can forsee this will be a great basic pattern for many shirts to come. Congratulations :)
ryan's mom said... (12/1/06 10:04 PM) Reply
I love how you handled those stripes! It sure makes for an eye-catching blouse and unique blouse.
ACB said... (12/1/06 9:33 PM) Reply
Love it, great use of stripes.
licarritc said... (12/1/06 9:25 PM) Reply
I saw your muslin and thought it was great! The real thing is very classy. Burda seems to understand that we are bigger but we still have a shape and they design for that.
mClones said... (12/1/06 9:20 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks so smart. I love how you handled the stripes.
mastdenman said... (12/1/06 9:15 PM) Reply
Ooooh, I like your shirt. I guess that means that I have to dig this one out and try it. I never have any shirts that I really like.

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2013-105