Pattern Reviews> Onion> 1032: jacket (Jacket for felted wool and kni)

Reviewed by:Barbara at Cat Fur Studio

About Barbara at Cat Fur Studiostarstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:12/2/06 10:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
AnneM said... (12/4/06 3:50 PM) Reply
Love your description of the look. And it is cute. Looks great in that fabric.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (12/3/06 6:36 PM) Reply
Thanks Xela - NAYY means, "No Affiliation Yadda Yadda". It's a shorthand expression to say that the recommendation for the product mentioned is wholly impartial.
xela said... (12/3/06 4:26 PM) Reply
Loved your outfit so much I jumped to Onion a purchased featured pattern and a few others. Hope mine turns out as beautiful as your. What does NAYY mean? Thanks
ACB said... (12/3/06 3:13 PM) Reply
Very chic, great review.
mudcat said... (12/3/06 1:09 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket.
pamici said... (12/3/06 8:24 AM) Reply
This is a gorgeous outfit, and I love what you did with your top -- Clever!
rmardel said... (12/3/06 8:06 AM) Reply
Greaet jacket. It looks so lovely on you and the entire outfit is so chic and stylish and still comfy cuddly looking! I had been eyeing that pattern, eyeing Onions patterns in general but hadn't yet taken the plunge. Now I must.
krystalkaes said... (12/3/06 3:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful!
BeckyC said... (12/2/06 11:16 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful on you! The combination of the lovely sweater knit fabric and pattern are fabulous. Thanks for the great review.
frame said... (12/2/06 10:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
Danvillegirl said... (12/2/06 10:35 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Carolyndh said... (12/2/06 9:52 PM) Reply
Very sleek looking sweater jacket/coat! I like the looks of what you are wearing with the coat also. Nice combination.
nancy2001 said... (12/2/06 8:40 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
lmg said... (12/2/06 7:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and the color is divine. Thanks for the info on lining it.
lmg said... (12/2/06 7:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and the color is divine. Thanks for the info on lining it.
PhyllisC said... (12/2/06 7:22 PM) Reply
Oh - I love it! That is so cool, and retro in a very modern way at the same time.
2BSewing said... (12/2/06 7:08 PM) Reply
Barbara...Your jacket is wonderful. Love the fabric and color on you. Great pictures. I am patiently waiting for my "Power Sewing" to arrive from Taunton. I also like your top. What pattern did you use for that?
Sew4Fun said... (12/2/06 5:55 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! It looks warm and has lots of shape. The whole outfit is lovely.
Lori V said... (12/2/06 5:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty, love the style and color.
hongkongshopper said... (12/2/06 5:22 PM) Reply
You look so cuddly! Love the whole outfit.
LMH said... (12/2/06 3:56 PM) Reply
Hmm, I know what pattern I'm getting! Your jacket (and the skirt) looks wonderful.
Sanibelle said... (12/2/06 3:19 PM) Reply
Thank you for showing us this jacket made up in the knit fabric. The whole outfit is beautiful.
Jan B. said... (12/2/06 2:52 PM) Reply
Your ensemble is so pretty as is the setting. Onion should use your photo for their envelope illustration. They'd sell many more patterns.
Erica B. said... (12/2/06 2:33 PM) Reply
Barbara, your jacket is fantastic.
Vonnevo said... (12/2/06 2:09 PM) Reply
barbara, your jacket is fabulous and so stylish :))
CarolynGM said... (12/2/06 1:38 PM) Reply
oohhh. That is so beautiful -- the jacket, skirt, top, and landscape -- just everything. I have this pattern traced and ready to go but nothing suitable for it in my stash. I hadn't thought to try a sweater knit, so your review gives me some ideas.
jo37 said... (12/2/06 1:34 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I need to check out this pattern and fabric.
LauraTS said... (12/2/06 1:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric and I love how the style looks made up (it's always hard for me to picture from drawings).
carolynw said... (12/2/06 12:25 PM) Reply
I love this - Onion patterns just do no grab me from their line drawings and then a see an outfit like this and think I must try it. You look as always wonderful in your outfit!!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (12/2/06 12:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for your nice comments, everyone! Karen, the skirt is Christine Jonson's pattern number 1219. I made the "A Line" skirt, but this version is actually two sizes bigger than my measurements would indicate, as I really wanted a loose drapy look. (The elastic waist, however, was cut to match the size indicated for my measurements - so I ended up with a lot of gathering at the waist, which worked fine for this particular fabric, as it was so floaty.)
Karen Easter said... (12/2/06 12:05 PM) Reply
Barbara, I hope that somebody makes a print of this photograph and frames it! Just beautiful! What skirt pattern did you use?
Karen Easter said... (12/2/06 11:49 AM) Reply
Debbie Cook said... (12/2/06 11:44 AM) Reply
Great jacket and colors on you! It defintely says "cute."
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/2/06 11:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I've been thinking about getting some Onion patterns, and your review cements it!
Elona said... (12/2/06 11:21 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Actually, I think your photo is beautiful in itself--what a symphony of Fall colors! Pretty as a picture, as they say.
Diane E said... (12/2/06 11:19 AM) Reply
Barbara, I was just wondering when I'd see a new review from you and here you are! This jacket is very pretty. I really love the shape and the lining idea is terrific. Thanks.
drsue said... (12/2/06 11:09 AM) Reply
I love your version on this, including the lining idea. this jacket has many possibilities. I'm almost done with my second one.
oracle said... (12/2/06 11:04 AM) Reply
Very nice. Very, very nice.
Donna H said... (12/2/06 10:57 AM) Reply
Very beautiful. I love that sweater knit fabric. Thanks for reminding me about Power Sewing. I need to read up on "bagging a lining" again. Enjoy your WARM jacket up there in the cold! (btw it's 7 degrees here in WA). Thanks.

by: Sheila457