Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5303 (New York Dress)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

Other Projects by Nancywin using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Terri K said... (2/16/09 10:06 PM) Reply
You always sew such stylist pieces Nancy - I love FM fabrics too. Thanks for the review and details.
OP Gal said... (12/19/06 6:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. The fabric is lovely. Thanks for the tip about the sleeve. I haven't sewn a Loes Hinse pattern yet, even though I have a couple in my stash, but reviews of her patterns seem to be consistently positive like yours.
Nancywin said... (12/19/06 0:26 AM) Reply
Carla, The tip of the neck was kind of weird since it is a V and there is no excess to go around the point. Basically, I turned it into a "rounded V" and my turn under allowance was probably only about 1/4" right there. I think my fabric is really forgiving, because it lays flat. Thanks for asking!
sandrasdaughter said... (12/19/06 0:16 AM) Reply
absolutely stunning!
CSM--Carla said... (12/18/06 10:51 PM) Reply
Very cute on you Nancywin! Thanks for the review. BTW, did you have any trouble at all with the tip of the v-neck line or any tips you would like to pass along about sewing it? Mine did turn out funky. TIA. Carla
Monica G said... (12/18/06 10:42 PM) Reply
Your dress is quite lovely. I might consider this dress now. Based on the envelope, I have never given it a second look.
ryan's mom said... (12/18/06 9:28 PM) Reply
Terrific dress with such a flattering fit!
Sherril Miller said... (12/18/06 5:54 PM) Reply
Simple and stylish.
Schnauzer said... (12/18/06 4:20 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress!
sewbehind said... (12/18/06 10:39 AM) Reply
That dress looks beautiful on you. Nice to know that it was easy to make as well.
Levone said... (12/18/06 10:28 AM) Reply
Great looking dress! Wow, much better than the pattern's version.
Stacy Sews said... (12/18/06 8:39 AM) Reply
I knew I had seen that fabric before (I'm such a FM junkie) - it looks great made into this dress! Your dress is so much prettier than the pattern envelope!
carolynw said... (12/18/06 8:35 AM) Reply
This is really lovely. I like it much better than the picture on the pattern envelope!! If it canlook this nice I may add this to my pattern stash!! Nice to know it is a quick and easy dress - we need that at times
quilter55 said... (12/18/06 8:31 AM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric and great fit! I'll have to get this pattern.
BeckyC said... (12/18/06 7:55 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely on you! What a treat to get such a nice dress in such a small amount of time. I know what you mean when you say you'd love to make more projects that are quick -- instant gratification! I like those projects after challenging sewing projects, I use them as a reward to myself ; )
Tiner W said... (12/18/06 7:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
Nickle said... (12/18/06 6:21 AM) Reply
What a great looking dress. Like the fabric and looks good on it. Sounds like a quick and easy pattern.
2BSewing said... (12/18/06 4:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Looks great on you. Thanks for the alteration tips you've made.
Kathi R said... (12/18/06 3:56 AM) Reply
thanks for the great review -- I haven't used this pattern company yet but based on this review I just might try
Kathi R said... (12/18/06 3:16 AM) Reply
Skye said... (12/18/06 2:57 AM) Reply
Your dress is great - have to love fast and easty projects that turn out look so good. Like your necklace too

HotPatterns 1089