Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8280 (Mouret Galaxy Dress)

Viewed 1998 times
Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:1/1/07 3:16 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 25 people

AnneM said... (1/9/07 8:06 AM) Reply
Pretty dress, congrats on your outfit & new size. So, does this actually have an "inner spandex core"? And is that basically a stretch lining?
tlmck3 said... (1/3/07 5:10 PM) Reply
Va Va Va VOOM!!! You look FABULOUS Squirrely....maybe you should change your name to "Minxy-poo." That is a terrific new dress for your terrific new bod! You are an inspiration...Thanks.
Puddin Pop said... (1/3/07 11:26 AM) Reply
You look great in your new dress. Nice touch with the gloves. Forty six pounds, I'll bet that was tough. I admire you.
Laurie Lou said... (1/2/07 4:28 PM) Reply
I loved your review...your frankness and unbiased opinion hit home as I get frustrated with the jumping around on the instructions. Your dress is sensational and the guys will go va va va voom when you enter the room! I like the summer dress idea. I'll be watching for a new review when you do it. Great review!
Ciclista said... (1/2/07 10:47 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous dress!! You look wonderful it in. Thanks for the great review - knowing what you went through will prepare me for the frustrations I know I too will experience.
Skymom said... (1/2/07 10:19 AM) Reply
Woohoo! You look marvelous. Demi Moore, eat your heart out!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/2/07 9:48 AM) Reply
You certainly look va-va-voom is this. Great job.
Marji said... (1/2/07 9:22 AM) Reply
Great dress! Congrats too on reaching your weight loss goal. Nice Christmas gift to yourself.
Danvillegirl said... (1/2/07 6:33 AM) Reply
Great job on this dress, looks great on you Congrat on weight loss.
squirrellypoo said... (1/2/07 4:31 AM) Reply
Aww, thanks so much for the compliments (both on the dress and me)! I didn't want it to look like advertising, but since people have asked, I used sparkpeople.com to lose all that weight. It's a free healthy eating and exercise tracking site and I can't recommend it highly enough.
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/2/07 0:19 AM) Reply
You did an excellent job. The dress is beautiful.
Stacy Sews said... (1/1/07 11:30 PM) Reply
I know I told you this already, but I have to say it again - you look fantastic! I love this dress and the fabric works great with it!
nancy2001 said... (1/1/07 11:21 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. And congratulations on reaching your goal.
Schnauzer said... (1/1/07 9:08 PM) Reply
Congratulations on reaching your goal weight! You and the dress look fantastic together!
MissCelie said... (1/1/07 9:07 PM) Reply
This is fantastic. Great great job. And good job on the weight loss!
purpleseamstress said... (1/1/07 8:40 PM) Reply
You definitely look VA VA VOOM and congrats on the weight loss. I'm working on mine so your success is encouraging!
Vonnevo said... (1/1/07 7:09 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress !!! Congratulations on reaching your goal size. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely garments :)
AnneMarie60 said... (1/1/07 7:07 PM) Reply
Wonderful job on your dress. Even before I read your engrossing review, I noticed the excellent job you did matching the plaid. Excellent tip about re-working and re-copying the instructions, too.
CarolynGM said... (1/1/07 6:54 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress for celebrating and showing off your new figure.
Tany said... (1/1/07 6:20 PM) Reply
The dress looks great on you!! Good job!
Erica B. said... (1/1/07 6:08 PM) Reply
I love your dress, fabulous job! Congrats on the weight loss!
Lhan said... (1/1/07 6:02 PM) Reply
A fantastic effort! The dress looks fabulous, you look fabulous, and I wondered if anyone would actually ever make this pattern. I like the flirty skirt bottom version of the pattern as well (View C). A great review, thanks.
Melody said... (1/1/07 5:56 PM) Reply
WOW! I'm totally jealous, both of the fabulous dress and the weight loss. Congratulations. You go girl!
Mary Gillette said... (1/1/07 5:31 PM) Reply
You look great in your new dress! Congrats on the weight loss too.
Sharon M said... (1/1/07 4:53 PM) Reply
This looks so good on you. I just returned from looking at the additonal photos on your website. FANTASTIC looking dress. And
meli88a said... (1/1/07 4:53 PM) Reply
lovely, lovely, lovely - this dress is hot, and so are you when you're wearing it! i think you deserve to create an occasion for this dress and reaching your weight loss goals!
Heatherrique said... (1/1/07 4:47 PM) Reply
Wowee! The dress looks great on you! Nice job! Congratrulations on your new figure. Please let me know how you did it!!!!! Modeling career ahead of you?

Kwik Sew 2821

by: kkkkaty

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Islander Sewing Systems Three Pattern Collection Pattern