Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 9151-1000 (Embroidered Pillowcase)

Reviewed by:Ody

About Odystar
MO USA
Member since: 12/6/03
Posted on:1/3/07 0:13 AM
Last Updated:12/23/08 7:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Heatherrique said... (12/24/08 12:44 PM) Reply
So cool, Ody! Booter you're one of the few cool guys in this wonderful world of sewing! Lovely projects!
Michelle L said... (12/24/08 9:18 AM) Reply
Great job, Booter! Your pillow case looks awesome! And good for him for learning to sew!
Chris Kelly said... (12/23/08 11:54 PM) Reply
Tell Booter when he goes to N.Y. to do his own show he can make me anything he wants. Cory still sleeps with his pillow case.
seeinspotz said... (12/23/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Right on!! Passing on the gift of sewing. Perfect!!
JBsewmonster said... (3/1/07 8:31 PM) Reply
What a great idea! You've inspired me to make some myself. Thank you.
Rhoda K said... (3/1/07 4:38 PM) Reply
Every time I tell myself I don't need an embroidery machine, then something like this comes along! Great looking pillowcases. I make them a lot too, just no embroidery ;-( They do make great gifts and, so far, the grandchildren love them.
runnerchicki said... (3/1/07 9:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review! I make pillowcases all the time for gifts, but I never thought to embroider a design on them! It also gives me a reason to use the embroidery part of my machine, which would make my husband very happy since I insisted that I needed it. :-)
cindy-lou said... (2/28/07 6:50 PM) Reply
SO WONDERFUL! I also am not showing them the pics so the surprise will be kept. These are incredible professional. You go, girl! And thank you! :)
Larisa said... (2/28/07 5:33 PM) Reply
OOOHHH!!!! I love them, and I know 2 of those children who will be ecstatic when they see them!!! I'm *not* going to have them look at the pictures, but I bet anything that they will be the new favorites!! You are a doll!!
Peggy L said... (2/28/07 5:00 PM) Reply
Ody - they are all so cute!!!! Everyone I have made pillowcases for love them, too. And if you have kids at the "slumber party" age they are perfect!!!
quiltsammon said... (2/28/07 4:41 PM) Reply
What a good idea! Your pillowcases look so good!
Mary Stiefer said... (2/28/07 4:35 PM) Reply
Everyone loves these pillowcases including me. What a great gift idea. I had better be putting my embroidery machine to work.
Chris Kelly said... (2/28/07 4:26 PM) Reply
Ody you did it again...cory saw the pic and said" she made that for me?" Cory say's thank you.
khurtdvm said... (2/28/07 4:06 PM) Reply
SO COOL! I want an embroidery machine now....
Vonnevo said... (2/28/07 3:53 PM) Reply
Fabulous pillowcases Ody ! Lovely designs, embroidery and fabric combinations. I have enjoyed seeing all the results of your *sewing with the wind* On a side note, I made my dad a pillowcase for his daytime naps pillow, from the motorcycle fabric.
AnneM said... (2/28/07 3:46 PM) Reply
Great use of the fabrics and embroidery. Love the Curious George one; neat that has been in your stash so long.
khurtdvm said... (2/3/07 11:13 PM) Reply
Oh, how cool! My DS has a pair of play pants out of this motorcycle fabric - he loves them.
christine A said... (1/13/07 4:41 PM) Reply
I really love your pillow cases! Very special!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/13/07 10:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful - anything that kids OOOO over is a very worthwhile project. Very nice.
cindy-lou said... (1/13/07 9:20 AM) Reply
Ody, these are SO CUTE! They will carry these pillows around with them everywhere!
PVA said... (1/7/07 2:35 PM) Reply
Ody, this pillowcase is awesome! I'm very impressed with your work & look forward to more. Thanks for all your sharing!
Enid E said... (1/7/07 9:34 AM) Reply
How pretty...you are right everyone loves personal pillowcases! I always buy a little extra fabric so my grandsons have a pillow case that matches their PJ's..
PixieCat said... (1/4/07 4:45 PM) Reply
How beautiful! What a nice way to use pretty fabric.
OP Gal said... (1/4/07 10:53 AM) Reply
Really cool pillowcases. What a great gift! Love the embroidery.
Patzee said... (1/4/07 4:49 AM) Reply
I've just gotten my first embroidery machine and I'm looking forward to making my first pillowcases with a little bit of that new Glo-In-The-Dark embroidery thread. Pillowcases look like so much fun to make, a fun no-stress project.
PJS said... (1/3/07 11:33 PM) Reply
Hi Ody, I totally agree with you, everyone loves them. I've been making them for several years now. Have you tried making them in flannel? I found out that when I make my 3 grandsons a new pillowcase, they buy a new pillow for it because they don't want to put it away! Their beds are covered with pillows and they all match the decor of their rooms. Soon I'm going to run out of patterns! pjs in Texas

by: FreyaStark