Pattern Reviews> Park Bench patterns> 8 (Central Park)

Reviewed by:cecelia

About ceceliastar
CT USA
Member since: 5/4/06
Posted on:1/21/07 2:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
cecelia said... (1/27/07 10:55 AM) Reply
Sue, I modified the technique done by Nancy Zieman in her book, "Sewing Express," where you draw the shape/size of the shoulder pad desired, use fusible interfacing (top & bottom) and fusible fleece layers (to the thickness desired) shaped & fused over a pressing ham. Then zigzag/serge the outer edges together, cover with your fabric, & tack it into the garment. You could also use velcro to make a removable pad. I used 2 layers of fusible fleece, but you could use more or less. If you need more info, PM me. Hope this helps!
SueKing said... (1/26/07 3:05 PM) Reply
Hi Cecilia - after reading your review, I wonder if you would share with me how to make your own shoulder pads? I have just finished a Loes Hinse jacket which calls for store-bought shoulder pads. I want something not so big. The pattern has a piece to cover the store pads - woud I use this? but what do you make them out of and does it have to be shaped/curved? thanks, SueKing (satwater@gmail.com)
suzanrossi said... (1/24/07 11:25 PM) Reply
I like this a lot. The fastener is a lovely touch.
10Ksteps said... (1/22/07 12:35 PM) Reply
Nice job; I have several of these patterns and love Park Bench fashion shows where Mary Lou shows these garments in a wonderful array of fabrics. Thanks for the good review and a good example of the jacket.
carolynw said... (1/22/07 9:14 AM) Reply
I love the colors of this - have looked at Park Bench patterns but never tried them. Nice to see a review - your top looks very nice.
Peggy L said... (1/21/07 11:16 PM) Reply
Nice jacket - fabric is really pretty. I have never tried one of these patterns but they always catch my eye.
moushka said... (1/21/07 10:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket. I've been curious about these patterns. Nice to see another review. Sue

by: Steph huck