Pattern Reviews> Fashion Sewing Group> 1963 (Coat)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:1/21/07 6:01 PM
Last Updated:1/21/07 7:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
nyla 49 said... (1/16/09 7:05 PM) Reply
I've made this coat also, but have to say I am very impressed with how you matched the pattern of the fabric at the front. Bravo!
PattyU said... (3/12/07 5:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the fabric. You did a great job!
xstpenguin said... (2/27/07 3:41 AM) Reply
MY first coat did NOT look like this ;-D Like everyone else has said, fabulous job on the pattern matching. The whole thing looks just great. Well done!
Rhonda Noah said... (1/23/07 3:49 PM) Reply
What a fantastic coat. The beautifully matched front reminds of the wonderful stuff I used to see when snoop shopping at Harrod's in London. You did a wonderful job. I would never have guessed it was your first coat!
JudyP said... (1/23/07 9:27 AM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful!!! I also have this fabric and now I'm anxious to sew it!
Laurie Lou said... (1/22/07 1:55 PM) Reply
All I can say is ditto to an excellent job. I love the pattern, the fabric selection and WOW what a beautiful example of professional workmanship. AND thanks for the website info.
Harriet Rogers said... (1/22/07 12:21 PM) Reply
Love your coat and am very impressed with the matching of pattern. Can't believe this is your first coat: very professional looking and super-attractive.
Avril said... (1/22/07 12:18 PM) Reply
Great! Love the fabric.
Karen said... (1/22/07 11:49 AM) Reply
Excellent matching of the print. Well done!
Pinkytoo said... (1/22/07 11:31 AM) Reply
YOU STOLE MY FABRIC! I just ordered this same fabric online for a coat I'm doing for the RTW Knock-Off contest - I'm glad to see it is as nice as it looked! Great job! p.s. My coat is not going to look like yours so don't worry. :-)
joan said... (1/22/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat and I agree with others complimenting you on your perfect matching the fabric pattern. I am also a FSG enthusiast and I will be looking forward to more reviews of her patterns from you.
krystalkaes said... (1/22/07 10:18 AM) Reply
I love your coat! Congratulations on your beautiful welt pocket. Wonderful job.
Jane S said... (1/22/07 9:13 AM) Reply
What a fantastic coat! ANd you did a wonderful job using that amazing Fabric Mart fabric to make something very special.
carolynw said... (1/22/07 9:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat - you did a wonderful job on this.
moss said... (1/22/07 7:54 AM) Reply
That is awesome, I made a coat of this fabric too and I love to see someone else's interpretation. You did a FANTASTIC job on the pattern matching!!
MarilynB said... (1/22/07 6:57 AM) Reply
Nancy, your coat is lovely. You did a wonderful job of matching the design on the fabric. I made this coat four years ago and am still wearing it. It is very timeless.
Danvillegirl said... (1/22/07 6:52 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat, great job matching center front designs.
Helen near Sydney said... (1/22/07 6:03 AM) Reply
Your coat is gorgeous, beautiful fabric and pattern matching. I wonder though whether the buttons could have been spaced to fit in with the pattern somehow?
Marji said... (1/22/07 0:18 AM) Reply
your pattern matching on the CF is so good I had to look twice and then again to make sure there was an opening and buttons. Congratulations on your first coat, it looks great.
nicegirl said... (1/21/07 11:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!!! I can't believe you got the pattern to match up at the front. Just fantastic.
Peggy L said... (1/21/07 11:06 PM) Reply
Beatiful job, Nancy!!!
CarolynD said... (1/21/07 11:02 PM) Reply
Fabulous coat-you matched the design of the fabric so well. It is spectacular.
Nancywin said... (1/21/07 9:39 PM) Reply
I was really careful in trying to match the fabric, but had no idea if it would work. I made two copies of the front pattern piece and laid it out on a single layer of fabric. I had marked the center front line on the pattern and found recognizable shapes that I could place on that line. I moved over to the repeat on the other half of the fabric and placed the center line on the same shapes. It worked!
CarolynGM said... (1/21/07 9:00 PM) Reply
Great job on your first coat. Everything looks just perfect -- the matching, the pockets, the fit. Very impressive.
suzanrossi said... (1/21/07 8:51 PM) Reply
Wow! I think you matched the fronts perfectly - just HOW do you do that?
Motorposus said... (1/21/07 8:14 PM) Reply
Very neat fabric, and a great job on that coat. You've even had some cold weather to go along with it!
Sewliz said... (1/21/07 8:11 PM) Reply
I love it! I admired this fabric at Fabricmartfabrics.com and the buttons caught my eye at Joanns. Your coat is really beautiful.
Lori V said... (1/21/07 8:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous
AliceB said... (1/21/07 7:48 PM) Reply
Wonderful coat... for a first project you did an amazing job. I am VERY IMPRESSED with your pattern matching in the front..WOW!!
coloreyec said... (1/21/07 7:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat. Great fabric and the matching of the pattern makes the coat look better than a RTW one. Good job.
mistrydesigns said... (1/21/07 7:40 PM) Reply
Wow, that is a really pretty coat!
blue mooney said... (1/21/07 7:30 PM) Reply
super job matching the fabric pattern. You should be proud!
Nancywin said... (1/21/07 7:26 PM) Reply
Thanks Leigh - I got that fixed.
Tany said... (1/21/07 7:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat, I love the fabric too!
Seaspur said... (1/21/07 6:34 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat!
leigh7911 said... (1/21/07 6:30 PM) Reply
The thumbnail looks great, but I can't see most of the bigger pictures! I think you've got an extra http// in the urls. ... And there they are! Wow, very nice.
Tiner W said... (1/21/07 6:28 PM) Reply
Oh, that is beautiful!
Linda G said... (1/21/07 6:08 PM) Reply
Great looking coat. Your construction looks really good!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS