Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> * (Copy of an REI t-shirt)

Reviewed by:ryankckids

About ryankckidsstar
Member since: 1/3/06
Posted on:1/26/07 4:49 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

ryankckids said... (1/27/07 7:27 PM) Reply
j222b - I'll write a tip when I've finally finished my ridiculous backlog of pattern review. 3 down, 8 to go! Patzee - the coverpro eventually did a great job, but I just about lost my sanity in the process. I was trying, on some of them, to have the looper threads embellish the seamlines. I kept having skipped stitched, then would have to rip out the whole thing and do it again. Another learning process. The end results were great, though. fuzzygalore - I thought about bleach...the gel stuff sounds lke a great idea :-)
Lorna C. Newman said... (1/27/07 7:01 PM) Reply
IT is nice to hear how that tape technique works from somebody who actually tried it. Great job placing the tie dye, too.
fuzzygalore said... (1/27/07 3:33 AM) Reply
You can use bleach too, might not be as much of a mess as dye remover? The thickened bathroom gel with bleach is an easy way to get control of where it goes.. Don't give up on the tie dye, I like the results :-). And good for you, copying a good pattern and making more!
Patzee said... (1/27/07 1:49 AM) Reply
So, did the CoverPro mimic the finish ok???
Little Birdie said... (1/26/07 10:06 PM) Reply
Super cute t-shirt! Thanks for the info about copying from RTW!
illinicrna said... (1/26/07 7:30 PM) Reply
Wow, that's impressive! It looks great!
Elemenopeo said... (1/26/07 5:35 PM) Reply
It looks like a great pattern. Very worth repeating!
j222b said... (1/26/07 5:34 PM) Reply
I would like to know more about using the blue painters tape for copying RTW. I searched the various topics here & could not find a review. Would you write a review?
RuthieSews said... (1/26/07 4:57 PM) Reply
Its great that you have created a tee shirt pattern that really works for you. I like to use stencils and fabric paints on my tees and then sew the tiny beads around the edge to outline the motifs.

by: mimi g.