Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:1/3/02 3:30 PM
said... (7/14/02 7:07 PM) Reply
Thanks mudcat, I have made three pairs so far and I just got another request from my brother in law so I guess I will be making another pair very soon. I am also thinking of making shorts from this pattern. Isnt it amazing how simple patterns like this can give you such great results. If only I had a serger, I would be able to make these in half the time. very soon very soon...
said... (7/14/02 6:41 PM) Reply
Deepika, you are NOT a beginner anymore. Just look at all of the things you've made in less than a year. Plus you try new techniques regularly and you make fitting adjustments. ---- Those pants do look comfy.
said... (1/15/02 1:43 PM) Reply
There will ALWAYS be something you don't feel you can do or do as well as other people. That doesn't mean you will ALWAYS be a beginner.
said... (1/5/02 12:38 PM) Reply
Deepika_P Great pants - I made several of these last year for sonss and hubby. Good looking and great quality flannel is hard to find. I didn't put pockets in mmine so maybe I could use Gigi's great idea of on side seam. Now I just have to find the pattern.
said... (1/4/02 2:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the encouragement all of you ! Gigi, I would have made the no seam pants too but I wanted to put side pockets, which would not have been possible then. And Mini I am still a beginner, there are so many things which I can't do still. You guys are pros, compared to you all I am nothing :-)
said... (1/4/02 11:57 AM) Reply
Great job! They look far better than any RTW. For pants like these I would just overlap the side seams to eliminate any matching. Just like a pair of no-side seams.
said... (1/4/02 10:28 AM) Reply
I agree about the plaids. It looks good from the front anyway. My husband wants some of these too. I think you are beyond the beginner stage now.
said... (1/4/02 9:55 AM) Reply
I can see why your husband loves them. They look really comfortable, and you did a wonderful job matching the plaid on the front. Don't worry about the non-matching side seams; you'd never be able to buy a pair of these with matched plaids at the side, so you did a great job of copying ready-to-wear!

No Pattern Used 0001

by: Aroura

You Sew Girl Hobo Pattern

You Sew Girl Hobo Pattern

Curve Runner 8 inch (New and Improved!)

Curve Runner 8 inch (New and Improved!)

by: Verosews