Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2006-109 (Jeans)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:1/28/07 10:39 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Squeezylemon said... (9/23/07 3:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for this great review! Only seeing it now as I'm fed up trying to get RTW jeans to fit me - no backside, no waist etc. you get the picture!! So will try these out after your great review and see how they go for me!
yorkshire lass said... (1/29/07 8:17 AM) Reply
Wow, those are perfect on you. Such an amazing fit. I am definitely inspired to try these very soon. They definitely look expensive and RTW. Congratulations on finding your perfect pattern.
jnamcd said... (1/28/07 11:56 PM) Reply
Great fit, great sewing, Great job!!!
Linda G said... (1/28/07 6:54 PM) Reply
These look like you paid $200.00 for them. Hm...pancake butt...I always called it soda cracker butt...but it is probably the same thing.....
Leslie in Austin said... (1/28/07 5:24 PM) Reply
Hooray!!!
Zaneta said... (1/28/07 4:34 PM) Reply
these are wonderful, you look gorgeous wearing them..
Vonnevo said... (1/28/07 3:54 PM) Reply
Fabulous looking jeans !!!! Tailor made :))
LiZ said... (1/28/07 3:39 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have been looking at this pattern for a while, I may give it a try.
Erica B. said... (1/28/07 3:06 PM) Reply
Those jeans are fantastic! They look fabulous on you! If I were you, I'd make several more pair! You'd never find a pair of RTW jeans that fit that perfectly. You did an amazing job.
Heatherrique said... (1/28/07 3:06 PM) Reply
Wow! You look stunning your new Burda jeans! You got that better than Jordache look!
Karen6790 said... (1/28/07 2:25 PM) Reply
The pancake butt comment got me - having one of those myself, I need to remember where I put this issue and trace the pattern off TONIGHT. These look great on you - and thanks for the reminder on topstitching thread. I sort of knew that, but I wouldn't have remembered in time. Great job.
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/28/07 1:37 PM) Reply
Cute cute! You did an excellent job. They look great on you.
Elona said... (1/28/07 1:29 PM) Reply
Terrific-looking jeans! Ahhh, that Burda crotch curve, eh?
Nancy K said... (1/28/07 1:12 PM) Reply
These are an amazing fit. Great job on your first trousers. I do use Gutterman topstitching thread, but you have to tighten the upper tension and use the largest jeans needle you can find, I use an 18/100 and use sewers aid on the needle if necessary. I have used the upholstery thread too.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/28/07 1:05 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh. This is a great pattern for you. If I found a pattern that looked this nice on me I think I would make some in every color. Fabulous.
Seaspur said... (1/28/07 12:51 PM) Reply
Wow, those are some HOT looking jeans! Thanks for the review.
Katharine in BXL said... (1/28/07 12:03 PM) Reply
Wow! Stunning! BTW there is a foot for doing double row topstitching with a single needle that keeps the stitching equidistant. I don't know the name tho' as I bought mine in Taiwan. Anyone? It will help you on your next venture! And *good for you* for sweing jeans, esp after a pant wadder. You're fearless.
Chimene said... (1/28/07 11:55 AM) Reply
Wow they look great! Fantastic review.
Seamingly Simple said... (1/28/07 11:52 AM) Reply
Your jeans are amazing! The back fit is superb. Nobody will ever guess that you made these.
sewbehind said... (1/28/07 11:40 AM) Reply
They look great. You were very lucky with the fit. Great topstitching.
Tany said... (1/28/07 11:08 AM) Reply
They look perfect! I'm also a big fan of BWOF pant patterns! You look great!

Other Rocking Horse Farm #207