Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> MM Prim & Proper Jacket (Miss Moneypenny Prim & Proper)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:2/23/07 11:47 AM
Last Updated:2/23/07 11:54 AM

AnneM said... (4/4/07 5:21 PM) Reply
This is one of the HP styles I seriously looked at (didn't end up w/ it, though). It is a great style. After reading other's experience with it, I'm glad I went w/ other HP patterns instead. I rather like that sunflower fabric for a different jacket - I can just see it at a garden party.
OP Gal said... (2/24/07 10:36 AM) Reply
Sorry you had such a miserable experience. But your review was very informative.
Nancy K said... (2/24/07 8:42 AM) Reply
This was an early pattern and it seems that it is not the only pattern with sleeve problems. I bought another jacket early on and when I measured the sleeve the largest one was still too small for me. i put it aside because I was not in the mood or redrafting. As you said, I don't want to spend $15 on a pattern that is that off. I already make quite a few alterations. I will suggest that you invest in a bolt of muslin with a 50% off coupon at Joann's The pain of tossing a muslin is far less when it only costs a buck a yd.!
j222b said... (2/24/07 0:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review--You've saved me some anguish.
CarolynGM said... (2/23/07 4:05 PM) Reply
I admire you for trying this, but maybe the Vogue 8189 that kismet007 suggested wll work better. Both jackets are a very cute style.
kismet007 said... (2/23/07 3:24 PM) Reply
I agree as well. I would love to embrace this pattern line but there are too many downsides. I have this pattern in my stash but I doubt that I will ever use it. Vouge has a similar pattern - 8189. I think they are quite close in design. I'm going to give this a try instead.
Marji said... (2/23/07 3:21 PM) Reply
Nancy, that is way too bad. You showed more perseverance than I would have with it. Re a jacket that has similar lines, have you looked at Vogue 2925? It's got French darts instead of the Princess seam, ...oh, and the CF meets instead of overlaps - nevermind, probably need too much re-drafting there too.
Linda G said... (2/23/07 1:23 PM) Reply
good information.
CSY said... (2/23/07 12:27 PM) Reply
I agree-$15. is too much to spend on a pattern that requires this much surgery.

Lutterloh Lutterloh supp 1986 #4