Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 60432-1005 (Ruched Jersey Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:2/25/07 1:45 PM

venetus said... (4/8/07 8:49 PM) Reply
Wow! I saw your entry in the contest & I thought that was great too. I really like the ruching!
Levone said... (3/1/07 1:32 PM) Reply
Great looking dress! I agree that the wrinkles look intentional. It was nice to read your review.
nicegirl said... (3/1/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone! JuliaS--I am more of a slave to fashion than I'd care to admit and I didn't like puffed sleeves until recently either (though I have kind of wanted them to come back for a while just to be Anne). RyansMom--My secret is no kids or boyfriend. Someday I'd like to have both but until then I'll take advantage of my free time.
ryan's mom said... (2/28/07 7:29 AM) Reply
What a great dress! (And I want to know your secret for finding time to make all these creations!)
Karen6790 said... (2/27/07 10:00 PM) Reply
Aww, thanks for the credit. Don't worry, I still can't get a square binding to lay flat either. I'm all for experiments, and I think this was a pretty successful one, all in all. I really like the ruching at the waist - it's a cute look.
AnneM said... (2/27/07 10:07 AM) Reply
Congrats on your process in making this dress, even if it wasn't exactly what you hoped. The wrinkles in the back look intentional, given the ruching in the front. And it's a great moral, also - it's fun to experiment. (Your pics are always so cute; love the pose.)
CarolynGM said... (2/25/07 5:06 PM) Reply
Keep the experiments coming! You've really done some interesting, promising work with this dress.
Kay Y said... (2/25/07 2:33 PM) Reply
Even if you don't consider this dress wearable I think you should carry on and refine the gathering at neck & waist, and the puffed sleeves, and use these successful elements on better fabric. Keep on experimenting!
JuliaS said... (2/25/07 2:27 PM) Reply
Oh man, I love your reviews. I have hated puffed sleeves for years but this latest fad has made even me have an Anne of Green Gables moment or two.
Christina Sonja said... (2/25/07 2:24 PM) Reply
This is very inspirational!
Tiner W said... (2/25/07 2:13 PM) Reply
Wow! I wish I were as adventurous as you are!

More Knits